Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blog Identity Crisis

I'm having one.  I have 3 blogs...one for mommy stuff, 1 for photography, and 1 for weightloss.  It's too much for me to keep up with 3 blogs.  I also have a professional one for my business under my real name.  That makes 4 blogs! 

I think I need to combine them all under one blog/name.  I've discovered through my blog land adventures that I am not the only Stepping On Cheerios.  I was bummed out to discover this.  There are 2 others that I have found which render me completely unoriginal.

So, I want to combine the 3 blogs under one title.  If you know me and like reading my blog than you should be getting the whole story, right?

I guess that means I'll be doing some re-decorating.  Does anyone have any tips for managing 3 topics under one blog name? 

Should I keep the Cheerios or incorporate my newest blog name, "Widening My Aperture"?

I trust you ladies and would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.  What's working for you and what would you like to see here???

Please help!

11 comments:

Tezzie said...

I'm the absolute worst when it comes to coming up with creative names, so I'm afraid I'll be no help there...but, I CAN tell you that you'll still be you so your blog will be great no matter what you end up calling it! :D

Chrystal said...

I am no help with names. But I combined all mine into one and got the drop down boxes. Now I just tag posts and people can browse that way. Good Luck!

Ashley said...

I love both your names, how about stepping on Cheerios while widening my aperture? Hahaha j/k. I would keep Stepping On Cheerios and have widening my aperture as a section or tab? I'm having a crisis too so I can relate!

Danifred said...

I like the new name, maybe you could have tabs that go into each of the blogs?

*Jess* said...

Oh, that is so hard! I really struggled with this, too. In the end, I have Keep It Together for my family stuff/autism/photography of my family/books I read/etc and then a wordpress photography blog for my client's stuff.

Kristiina said...

I have no suggestions or help, since I can't even keep up with my one little family blog:( But I love reading yours so look forward to seeing what you come up with.

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I don't have advice either but I look forward to seeing what you come up with and I must say that I love designing and playing around with my blog. So have fun with it. Don't put too much pressure on yoruself.

Driven To Distraction said...

How about something like "Putting It All In Focus" or "Getting It All In Focus"? I can definitely see why you want to consolidate (though I think you should still keep your professional blog separate to prevent anything you write on a personal level from affecting your business) and knowing that you are striving to put things together, to get certain aspects of your life back on track, and to understand more about SPD . . . something with focus in the title says that to me.

And thank you so much for the award! One week in and I am already behind where I wanted to be! Christmas came down yesterday, so now I have some time and will get to it!

Rebecca said...

I suck at this...I like the tabs idea though...linking them together somehow.

Rebecca said...

BTW - Woohoo on no more word verification! That was too much work for me! :)

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Your welcome;)