Monday, January 24, 2011

35

It's my birthday today.  I remember all those milestone birthdays...

Turning 16.  My parents threw me a huge surprise party and all my friends were there.  I can't believe that everyone kept the secret.  I remember thinking how disappointed I was at school because it felt like everyone forgot it was my birthday.  My parents even took me out to dinner.  When the Chi Chi's waiters plopped a sombrero on my head I felt like crying because it was the first time all day I felt like it was my birthday.  I got to drive the family home with my new drivers license.  I'll never forget that moment of walking through the foyer and hearing and seeing everyone jump up and yell, "SURPRISE!"  I screamed and ran back out.  Once I recovered from the shock it turned out to be a wonderful party.  It was one of the best birthdays and I'll never forget it.

Turning 21.  Don't remember too much.  Drank too much...I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

Turning 25.  I had a nice adult dinner out.

Turning 35.  Beautiful lunch with those that I care about the most.  We celebrated yesterday and you know what?  This lunch included a Sombrero yielding bunch of waiters singing as well...

I feel lucky to be 35.  I feel lucky to have my 2 sons.  I am comfortable with who I am.  Yes, I wish I was thinner and I wish I made more money but for now I'm happy and I'm looking forward to what lies in between now and 40.

My surprise cake, delivered by my 3 guys tonight:)

*To see a great collage of Muffin finger painting (great Sensory Activity) click HERE!

10 comments:

fiddlehead said...

Happy 35th Birthday! I think 35 and beyond have been great so far! Finally, really know myself....only growing from here! Have a great new year!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! Lovely picture.

I'm just the MOM said...

Happy 35! I'm glad you are STILL having a great day :)

Evonne said...

Sorry I'm late. Happy birthday! I had a few Chi Chi sombrero birthdays, too!

Danifred said...

It sounds like a perfect day. Again, Happy Birthday friend!

Cara G. said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day!

Tezzie said...

Happy belated birthday...that cake looks delish! I'm glad you had a nice day :D

Alysia said...

Happy Birthday!!

Rebecca said...

Nothing's better than a sombrero and some strangers singing to you! It's embarrassing and thrilling all at the same time! You want it to end, but you also want it to keep going.

So glad you had a good birthday...the want of being thinner and richer doesn't go away between now and 40 though...sorry to tell ya!

CM said...

Happy Birthday!!!