Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers - Deck the Halls Edition

  • Getting our Christmas Tree tonight!  We always go to the same place, a family owned nursery.  The trees are a little pricey but I love that going there is our tradition and I LOVE supporting local businesses:)  I also think it's great that you get a free Poinsettia!  'Cause, let's be honest we all love free, even if you don't need it.
  • I have to get the outside decorations up too.  My neighbors are all on the ball early this year and Puck won't stop asking about it...I think he thinks it's a competition...
  • Why is Puck seemingly trying to get coal for Christmas?  He fights me every step of the way about everything and he is only 6!  Can anyone shed some light on this subject?  Nothing is helping.  He is defiant, disrespectful, and thinks he can just ignore me when I'm asking him to do something (or stop something, for that matter).  It's like someone stole my sweet babe and left this handsome-back talking-pre-tween in his place.  Uggg.
  • 6 more days until Muffin has his surgery for the ear tubes...yeah!  I can't wait:)  Maybe now I won't have to yell quite as loud...
  • My shins still hurt like hell from that Turkey Trot I ran in...guess I really am THAT out of shape.
  • TGIF.  I only had to work 3 days this week but it felt like 10!
  • I need a cup of coffee now...

Go enjoy the Leftovers with the lovely Danifred!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great tradition you guys have started! My little guy had tubes put in in September and the difference is amazing...totally different little guy...good luck, you will be amazed too!

Danifred said...

So awesome you get a Poinsetta with your tree. We've had a fake one since Tot was a year old because she ate the needles and collected them, spreading them all over the house. Once the girls are a little older, we'll go back to the real thing (although this way is SO much cleaner)

Rebecca said...

I love supporting a local business. We get ours from the boys scouts every year...just can't beat it. We don't get anything for free though...

Rebecca said...

One more thing...do you think the Elf on the Shelf would help with behavior??

The Captain's Wife said...

Decorating for xmas each year, the outside at least, is what makes me a bit Bahumbug. As much as I love to see it, I am the one that has to do it cause DH is afraid of the heights. So if I want lights on the house, I have to get on the roof and string em! This year I hung a wreath - done!