Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Surprise!

I was just thinking yesterday morning on my way to work that the older I get the harder it it to truly be surprised on Christmas.  I absolutely LOVE playing Santa for my boys and Hubs is a great gift giver, but it's not the same as when you were a little girl and you found the most amazing gift ever under the tree.  Now Hubs and I usually exchange lists with links to EXACTLY what we want including size and color, so even though you are getting a great gift, it's not a surprise.

It was really cold yesterday morning when I left for work and dark too.  I arrived at 7:30, my usual time when I'm in the office and not on location.

My bosses arrive shortly after me with the usual company Christmas gifts to leave on everyone's desks.  Last year is was Florida Oranges and the year before I think it was Chocolate from someplace like Harry and David.

She places the box on my desk nonchalantly and walks away.  I don't touch it and keep going on about my work.  They pass out the rest of the beautifully wrapped packages and then they come back and say, "Well, open it, it's just chocolate we can eat it for breakfast."

Which makes perfect sense since last week she had me taste some chocolate that she had ordered.

I tear off the paper and see this...










Yes, really!  I think my first words were, "Is this a joke?"  It took a few minutes to sink in and then it was a lot of hugging and thanking and almost crying.  I was so taken aback, so surprised, and so touched at such a generous gift that was in every sense of the words, truly UNEXPECTED!  All 20 something employees got one just like it too:)  My bosses were as jolly as St. Nick himself.

Over the next hour as more and more employees began to arrive the same scenario played out again and again.  It was so much fun to see everyone's faces:)  It was a moment when the Christmas spirit was surrounding the whole office, and I'll never forget it!  So it just goes to show you that even as an adult, you can still be surprised and feel like a kid on Christmas all over again!


9 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

how cool! Merry Xmas to you! Yee Haw! I will probably get a bottle of wine.

Sarah said...

Wow! That's awesome!

The Tompkins Family said...

That is so great!! I just love those surprises...it's almost better to give those things just to see the unexpected shock on people's faces!

Ashley said...

Wow!!! That's amazing! What a cool boss!

Danifred said...

That's awesome! You guys do have some really cool gifts. I'm always amazed!

Tezzie said...

:D Aw...that's the BEST! I got a huge grin on my face when I was reading about your wonderful surprise! I'm so happy you were given the joy of a thoughtful gift, with a true attempt at surprising you. Hope you get many more pleasant surprises this holiday!

Rebecca said...

I would have peed myself! That's so freaking awesome!

Rebecca said...

Although...truthfully, I may have peed myself over chocolate for breakfast too. I'm easy to please!

L. Merical said...

I am truly.freakin'.jealous. Should have held out until the holidays before we traversed the country. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it!