Tuesday, November 23, 2010

No Time for Selfish Cowards

It's been almost 2 years since I have spoken to my mother.
How does a mother not want to be near her child, even an adult one? Are we as humans really so prideful and selfish that we can't see past our own issues. She has 2 grandsons who can't even name her in a photo. "Who's that?" Puck said the last time I showed him her picture. When I told him that was his other grandmother he said, "Did she die?"

There was a falling out after my wedding almost 10 years ago and nothing was ever the same. I'm sorry but I cant tell the story now, I've repeated it so many times and can't bare to do it again right now. Also involved is my younger and incredibly selfish sister. They seem to get along fine, go figure.

My sister was at Thanksgiving last year and managed to completely ignore her 2 nephews, one of which she had never met since he was born over 3 years ago at the time.

I think that is absolutely sick.

They would love her so much if she would just acknowledge them. I find myself even making excuses for my mom knowing what a difficult life she has had, but my sister had the same great upbringing by 2 loving parents as I did and she has no excuse except to be a bitch.

I've tried too many times and apologized time and time again for things I didn't even do just to appease these woman. I'm not doing it anymore.

What is wrong with people that they think just cutting someone off is acceptable for any reason, ever? Only selfish cowards do that.

How about what hurts my feelings? I count too dammit and besides I don't have time to deal with that level of bullshit, I'm busy raising 2 little human beings!!!

Thank you for reading my vent.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I wish I had something inspiring to say but the truth is, I don't understand it either. My family will always be there for each other regardless of what happens. I hope to God I am raising my children the same way. But I see it so often these days, I just don't understand how you can cut someone who's so important out of your life. It must be painful for a mother to do such a thing. I truly hope you can one day work it out and things can be forgiven.

undomestic chica said...

I'm so sorry. Just remember that the issue is within them and has nothing to do with you. You, obviously, could accept them back into your life but they cannot get past the bullshit so it's their loss. I hope it gets better for you someday.

Shell said...

I go through this with my parents, too.

Though I talk to my mom, our relationship is strained. And she just called me to tell me that the daughter of an old boyfriend of hers now considers her "mom" and all she wanted for Christmas was plane tickets to go meet my mom in person.

La-de-da. Good, now she can have the perfect daughter that she wants.

And now I'm completely off on a tangent here.

But, I get it.

Danifred said...

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. My parents are also quite difficult to deal with and I take it in doses.
Much love and many hugs to you!

Rebecca said...

This sucks...for as many family issues as we have in this house, we have really tried to suck it up and do what is right for "the children." That, however, usually ends up sucking for us. I'm sorry you have to go through that, but it totally stands by what I was taught by my step-mother (who was the woman my Dad cheated on my mother with...quality, but I still liked her)...that Family is the other F-word! Happy Thanksgiving??