Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bittersweet Evaluation #?...I've lost Count

When it comes to how I feel about Muffin, his issues and development, I honestly don't want there to be anything wrong with him.  I even posted about this a year ago...I was so excited that after a 2nd evaluation from ChildFind in 2009 it was deemed he didn't need qualify for services.  I was so glad to hear someone tell me that...I put all my concerns out of my mind for the next 6 months.

Fast forward almost a full year and the picture has changed.  He has seen a Developmental Pediatrician, a Speech Pathologist, and an Occupational Therapist.  They all agree Muffin has something going on that requires intervention.  ChildFind saw him again and this time agreed that he is not where he should be for an almost 4 year old.  On one hand I'm elated since this means he may get help through the county instead of the expensive private therapy we are paying for now. 

Now I have to wait for his case to get approval by the ChildFind Committee, then they will observe him in class, then a full evaluation..."with the holidays coming it all may take a couple of months."

Yes, that's the way it is.  My poor son has been evaluated by so many different people on the same skills...I think he is even tired of it.

So yes I am so happy to hear there may be help for Muffin but I'm so sad that he has extra challenges that he has to overcome.

4 comments:

Shell said...

oh, how I relate to this. It's so frustrating.

*Jess* said...

its always hard to hear (hugs!) I'm glad he'll be getting the help he needs, though.

Rebecca said...

Erg...there are no straight lines in this parenting stuff, huh? I hope it goes quicker than you're anticipating.

Danifred said...

I'm so sorry this is such a process for you. If you need me, please don't hesitate to ask!