Saturday, October 16, 2010

Creating a Sensory Diet

I found this article this morning while researching the internet for any and all information on SPD, specifically "Sensory Seeking."  My Muffin in clearly a seeker and not an avoider, except in the case of food.   Don't let me confuse you, a Sensory Diet has nothing to do with food.  Rather, it's a menu of activities to help your child get through the day.

I found this article HERE on how to implement a Sensory Diet at home.  Muffin is working with an OT once a week so I think it's really important to continue that work on a regular schedule in between his appointments.  It's also FUN!  He enjoys all the activities that are suggested.

I'd love to hear how you are using Sensory Diets in your home.  Can't wait to get started, and of course I'll be posting photos because I LOVE photos, especially ones of my boys!

No comments: