Monday, September 6, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Tomorrow is the day.  Tomorrow I send my first born son off on a big yellow school bus for the short ride to Kindergarten!  I'm so excited for him!
I'm also so excited for us as a family because having Puck in all-day Kindergarten lessens the strain on my mother-in-law who has been caring for him while I am at work.  She had been doing this since he was 3 months old.  I remember that first day like it was yesterday.  I remember handing him over to her and thinking that he was going to think that she was his mother.  I cried all the way to work and most of the day there.  I was a blubbering idiot.  I never imagined feeling that way and thought I would always want to work.  Having kids has completely changed my personal outlook on working...
We made it.  We made it 5 years and 10 months!  I'll be taking a million photos and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to hold back the tears but not because I'm sad.  No, those tears will be because I can't explain any other way how proud I am of my little man.

9 comments:

Miss. Candy said...

Good luck, it is rough letting the big yellow monster suck them up for the first time!! Knowing that they are in school while you work makes things a lot easier!!!

Shell said...

Aw, good luck to him and to you, too!

Rebecca said...

Wow...good luck! I'm glad he knows you're his Mama!!!

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

Be stong. I just found your blog and I love it.

KyAnn

http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com

Danifred said...

So sweet, and so sad. I'll be in those shoes next year and I just can't even imagine it. Hugs to you, can't wait to see the pictures! He'll have an awesome day!

Frugal Vicki said...

I have been struggling so much lately with my kiddo's growing up. I have a digital photo frame on my desk, and seeing their baby faces makes me so wistful

Just Another Mom of 2 said...

Aww, I hope everything went well!! It's so hard to send them off (we did Pre-K this week)- it's very strange having him somewhere 5 days a week! Congrats on the milestone!

Marie said...

I'll bet he (and you) did awesome! I always get a bit sad, excited, anxious, proud and a wee bit of disbelief that my kids can possibly be old enough to be climbing onto a school bus every single September.

Julia said...

awww... how has it been going?? you've survived the first day. how is he liking it??