Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Meme! Monthly Makeover!!!!! The Project #1

I have a great idea.  I'm presenting this new Monthly Meme, mostly because I can't keep up with the weekly ones but also because this one is a little more involved.  This one is all about your homes!  I am on a mission to take back my house and repair the damage created by my two little angels.  We have lived in this house for over 5 years and have hardly done anything to it.  Now that it's beginning to look like it's falling apart we are taking some action.  We are starting with the dining/room living room since it's the first thing you see when you come in the door.  The walls are seriously FILTHY!  That flat white builder paint isn't doing anything for the place either.

Here's how to join in the fun!  Grab the button and take some before pictures.  Now, this could be painting, redecorating, rearranging, or maybe you've organized your pantry, junk drawer, or bedroom closet.  Whatever your goal for the month is!!!  Post your before pix and link up to Mr. Linky so we can check out everyone's projects.  Then there will be a "Reveal" Linky at the end of the month.  What do you all think?  Please play, this one could be so fun and a great way to get some new ideas for the house:)

BEFORE:  My plan is to paint and change out old tired accessories.  Furniture really needs to stay, after all this is a makeover on a budget!


4 comments:

Cara said...

I love the make over idea! Also...I love the new look of the blog! Your boys are so cute and they are getting so big! Very jealous of your beach vacation!!!!

Jen said...

Make overs can be fun but a lot of work. We are in the middle of a make over/remodel and I can't wait for it to be over. I just want to use the space again.

Erin Wallace said...

Love your blog! Here on a Sunday for the Friday blog hops. Now following you - hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

xo Erin
droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

Kristiina said...

Hey. I am working on organizing my laundry room and will link up when you do the reveal....if I get it done:) I took some before shots, so hopefully I will have something to share.