Sunday, August 8, 2010

All That Hard Work...WASTED!

Mostly, I'm disappointed that I walked/ran all those miles and deprived myself of the foods I love and ended up even heavier then when I started. I HATE the way my body looks right now but I just haven't made any progress. My clothes don't fit anymore and I actually cringed when I thought about Fall coming and having to wear jeans...which just aren't comfortable unless I'm thin.

So I've decided not to think about being thinner but instead to concentrate on being healthier. Eating healthier foods and staying as active as possible, even if it's just a walk after dinner with the dog.

I need to learn to cook. I need new ideas for lunches to pack because honestly if I have to eat another Lean Cuisine or Turkey Sandwich on Wheat I'm going to die. It's so boring. I also HATE to pack my lunch at night because I'm worn out from work, house, and kids. I know this is something I just have to get used to but I hate doing it, which I guess is why I always end up with the frozen meals.

Tomorrow, healthy eating (breakfast included) and a walk at some point during the day.

I can do this!!!

2 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

Hang in there sweetie! It happens to the best of us. I stumbled upon a book recently called "The Fat Belly Cure" by Jorge Cruise. I picked it up today because of the reviews and the promises it made. You should take a look, it might be a good option for you. It sounded complicated at first, but I started today and I'm catching on quickly. You have to count your sugars and carbs, but you aren't as restricted as you are in some "lifestyles". It promotes good carbs and healthy choices rather than fast food. I picked mine up at Walmart today. So far so good, oh and I can drink beer and wine so I'm a happy lady! Good luck, I know how hard it can be!

Erin said...

I am with you SISTA!!! I run 3 to 5 miles per day and don't lose anything - but...I know - I KNOW exactly why I don't lose weight - b/c I eat like a PIG

Good luck to you - I'll be following you!!!