Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vacation




I wish kids could understand that vacation literally means, Sleeping In! I'm here to say that they absolutely don't get it and I think they even get up earlier. I brought dark curtains with me to put up during our stay just so the bedroom would be darker in the morning...it didn't work.

Yesterday Hubs took the boys on his morning run and so I got to sleep in until almost 9:15 which, let's be honest here moms, was complete and total ecstasy!

We've crammed ourselves into my dads lovely little 1 bedroom, 1 bath condo by the beach. For a family of four plus a dog AND a cat it is a little cramped but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Yesterday my dad came and spent the day on the beach with us and I can't remember having so much fun. My dad even surprised me by getting in the water with the boys and me, something I can barely remember him doing when I was a kid.

We finished the day up with a great dinner by the bay complete with Pecan Pie and Ice Cream!

5 comments:

Danifred said...

It sounds like a wonderful time- family, beach and SLEEP! :)

JillAileenJones said...

Yeah-I slept till 8:30 once last week-I don't think since we stared having kids 12 years ago have I slept that late and it was wonderful.
We are going to Corpus Christi to the beach for a week this next week and I can't wait. We always went when I was a kid to the beach somewhere and I loved it-it was wonderful-I want those memories for my kids too-Looks like you had an awesome time.
So glad you had fun with your dad too.

Miss. Candy said...

We are at the beach right now as well, the one I grew up at as a kid!! I think sometimes the best memories come from being stuck together in small places!!! Glad to read you are having a fantastic time and I can relate on the sleeping in thing!! My youngest is up before the son looking for breakfast!!

LindsayDianne said...

Oh my goodness. Anything after 8am in this house is gravy. Actually... Honestly.. anything after seven.
And everyone wonders why I can't watch a movie without falling asleep.

Tezzie said...

OK! Fab summer being had...check! <3