Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summertime







Summer, I love it. I have always been a lover of sun, sand, and surf. When I was a kid my mother would drop us off at the pool for swim practice in the morning and pick us up at 5:30. We would be there all day and without sunscreen I might add. I'm so thankful that we get to go to the beach often and that there is a great pool right in our neighborhood.

Yesterday I had Puck's end of the year Parent/Teacher conference. Around New Years all the kids made secret wishes which the teacher placed in their portfolios. Pucks wish..."I wish the pool would open." It made me smile:-)

Everyday Puck and Muffin ask if we can go to the pool. I guess they get it from me:)

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

So much fun!

I long for the good old days where kids didn't always have to be supervised by their parents. God, wouldn't life be grand if you could drop your kids off and come back to get them??? Don't get me wrong...you could spend a few days hanging out with them, but everything is so strict now! Blah!

Colleen said...

We haven't hit the pool yet, but these pictures make me want to go now! Great shots!

Christine said...

Thank GOD for pool days...without them where would we be!?

Debbie said...

That looks like a great pool. I also love summer and these carefree, nonscheduled days.

The Mommyologist said...

That pool rocks! I wish we had a pool like that! I love summer too. And I love the smell of sunscreen...totally puts me in the mood for the pool or beach!

the Lola Letters said...

Great shots!
Ahhh, I love summer.

Jenny said...

That pool looks the amazing! I did the same thing you did every summer...having a pool close by is great for your kiddos!

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

That looks blissful although I am worried that your camera was about to get an eyeful of water canon!

Farmers Wifey said...

Love the pics and that beautiful clear water..

Christine said...

These pictures make me so very, very jealous. How much fun!!

Danifred said...

We should work on doing a pool day together this summer- yours or ours (you can drink at ours ;) I bet the kids would have a blast together!