Thursday, June 24, 2010

Side Stich - OUCH! Help!

I waited until the evening to work out tonight. It's been so hot that I thought after my boys were in bed and the heat of the day had subsided would be a good time for a jog. I was feeling great! I started with a fast walk to get warmed up before I started running. Almost immediately once I started jogging I felt the pain in my right side, that cramp, that painful stich in my side that forced me to walk when I really felt like running, for once.

I still made it through my 2 miles at a good pace but feel less then thrilled about my workout. Anyone else experience these side stiches? I can remember even getting them in PE class when running as a kid.

...Frustrated

4 comments:

Lucy said...

I get them if I run after a meal......I need too run on empty!

Ali said...

I hate side stitches. I am the same as Lucy and need to run with nothing in my tummy.

The Better Idiot said...

I was always told by my PE teacher that if you breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth you won't get them.

Thanks for your comment, but it's not a plateau (knock wood, turn three times and spit, and anything else that will stop me from actually getting one now I've said that). It would have to be at least a few weeks before you can call not losing a plateau I think. I am losing, but on previous attempts I've lost through-out the week before arriving at my official number on my weigh in day. This time around I seem to see no change for the first 4-5 days of the week and then suddenly lose a kilo. It's odd and can sometimes be frustrating.

Kristiina said...

I find it helpful to really get my arms moving/swinging. Even if I have to slow to a walk, I keep my arms pumping.