Monday, June 21, 2010

Reminded










I was reminded this weekend just how much I like spending alone time with my family. I'm talking, REAL alone time, when it's just the 4 of us. For me, this is the time when my boys are truly themselves. It's those quiet moments that no one gets to see but you that I truly cherish.

We spent a weekend in West Virginia at my best friends cabin. It was her and her likely soon to be fiance. They don't have kids, yet. Needless to to say they have only just begun to appreciate the noise and chaos that comes with kids. I can't wait until they can experience it first hand. I've forgotten what it's like to be a couple with no kids. I'm sure they went home exhausted and wondering if they would ever be up for the challenge, LOL!

It was during those quiet walks,swims in the river and throwing rocks when I wasn't worried about how they were behaving in front of other people that I love and make it all worth it. The bug bites, not so much.

11 comments:

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

Looks like a fabulous time! That cold water was perfect for the steaming hot weekend we had.

Confessions From A Working Mom said...

Hey! Thanks for entering the Athletica.net giveaway this morning! I just wanted to tell you, I was having issues with the post's link, so I created a new post. I entered you as entry #1 and #2 (thru my account), so you are still in the running. Just wanted to let you know!!!

Jenny said...

I love being able to just have family time...it looks like you ALL had a great time!
Such wonderful pics!

Miss. Candy said...

I couldn't agree more! Being able to just kick back and relax with "just" your family is the best thing ever!! I am glad to see you had a good time and the pictures are GREAT!!!

Laura said...

Wonderful pictures! Sounds like a lovely time.

Danifred said...

I do love those moments. It was great to spend this past weekend giving the girls our undivided attention. They ate it up... hey, I think I just figured out what I'll blog about this week :)

Debbie said...

What great photos. And yes, that is the best time to be with family.

Stef said...

That looks like so much fun. YOu know sometimes I forget to just sit back and enjoy my kids. I get caught up in all the "To-do's" and I forget to just watch and remember what it is like to be a kid. Thanks for the reminder. Your boys are so cute!

Midday Escapades said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I so miss those times when the boys were younger. I find it harder these days to get us all four together for moments like these. Love the pics, too!

Lindsay said...

This pics are amazing. I love them! I agree with you on being just with the family where everyone can just be themselves. My husband and Ryan are a bit shy. It is only when it is the three of us that they will dance in the living room in their underwear. And I love every bit of it!

SmartBear said...

Love those photos...such precious little tots. I agree. We just got home from family vacay. I love our time together.
Best,
Tina