Friday, June 4, 2010

Losing the Flab

As some of you already know I have been trying to lose weight for a while now. After a freak stress induced weight loss last Spring/Summer I have packed on 30 pounds and I HATE it.

I'll admit that as much as I want to lose the weight I haven't been that motivated to do much about it except whine and complain and drink more Micholob Ultra Lime Beer and buy clothes that are 3 sizes larger then what I wore a year ago.

As luck would have it one of my neighbors is a personal trainer and aerobics instructor. She also happens to be expecting her 2nd baby:) I can't afford a personal trainer but I do have something to trade, photography. We have decided to barter our services! Personal Training for Portrait Sessions and Pictures!

Now I am accountable to someone other then myself...and I think it's going to work this time. She did a whole assessment and took all my measurements...eek! I'm using a great app on my iPhone called "Lose It" that helps me plan how much weight I want to lose each week and how many calories I can consume to meet those goals along with all kinds of exercise!

I'm also scheduling regular workouts for myself including cardio, strength training, and Yoga.

Last night she had me do this DVD since I have so little time to schedule workouts. It's a 20 minute video with Jillian Michaels that packs Cardio, Strength Training, and Abs into 20 minutes of pure hell!


I loved it and I can feel the soreness in my body today that tells me I have been out of shape for way to long. If you are trying to get in shape for bathing suit season you should give this a try. You'll also need a set of 5 pound weights. (Somehow 5 pounds feels like 50 once you are 10 minutes into this DVD)

Good Luck!

9 comments:

Shell said...

That's awesome that you could trade services like that.

I've heard good things about that dvd. Might have to try it...I'm scared!

Kristina Ruth said...

http://wrightruth.blogspot.com/2010/06/fat-fridays-cleanse-day-1.html

I know what you mean it seems like loosing weight for woman is a constant battle. Check out my blog Fat Friday's.

Jenny said...

way to go on the barter! that is amazing...it sounds like you have a great start...and personal trainers are awesome if i do say so myself...

good luck to you...you can do it!

Rebecca said...

That is great...Jillian Michaels kills me. Did you watch her new show this week? Yikes!

I think I'll order that for the winter...I intend to stay on my horse this summer (see? I'm well intentioned...that should count for 5 pounds lost, right?)!

Danifred said...

I've heard great things about that video. One of these days I'll actually get a chance to do something just for me... you know, like kill myself during a work out.

Curvy Jones said...

I found your blog searching for people talking about the Shred. I'm on Day 4... it has become a little easier!

I also use Loseit! It's awesome. I am totally addicted to the 'stay under X calories' game!

Kimberly said...

Wow! That's great! I've heard of lots of moms bartering goods and services more and more lately and I think it's awesome you had something you could trade! I'm in desperate need of a personal trainer after baby #2. Good luck to you!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I have that DVD and have done it in spurts. LOVE it!

Lucky to trade like that!

Jenn said...

That's awesome, what a great idea to barter services!