Monday, June 14, 2010

A Great Mom Day

Today was just great. It was my last day of a 9 day reversed schedule which allowed my to be at home in the morning and afternoons with my boys. I was just getting into a routine with them and now it has to come to an end and I'm really sad about it.

I love being home with them during the week. The weekends are great too but it's different when it's just me and them.

We got up and did our regular routine of an easy breakfast, computer time for me and Wii time for them. Then we went on a 30 minute jog (Muffin in the stroller and Puck on his bike). Then it was off to grocery shop at Super Target, clean up the kitchen, lunch, and pool!

We spent a lot of time at the pool this past week including 3 hours today! We all love the pool. Puck is swimming on his own and exploring floating and picking toys up off the bottom of the pool. It makes me so proud to see him developing this new skill and with so much confidence.

Muffin ate the grilled cheese sandwich I made him for dinner, and it made me want to cry for joy. I've read more bedtime stories this week too and have enjoyed it as much as they have.

I feel like I'm missing more everyday that I'm not home with them and it just gets worse as they are growing.

2 comments:

Danifred said...

I'm so sorry you have to feel this way. I totally understand and again, so sorry!

Lindsay said...

I am glad for the time that you had with your boys. I bet its awesome to watch them swim : ) My parents have a pool but Ryan wants nothing to do with it which I hate. Maybe when he gets a bit older.