Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beach Boys




We spent a glorious Memorial Day Weekend in my favorite beach town. We are lucky that my father keeps a tiny little condo near the ocean and we get to go play in whenever we want.

The boys have grown up there over many weeks at the beach. Every time I'm there I don't want to come home. If I could convince Hubs, and don't think I haven't tried, that we should move there...I would be gone tomorrow.
Alas, for now it's only our getaway place. Life seems slower there. Life seems quieter there. I love everything about it. I love that the boys can literally entertain themselves for hours in the water and on the sand. Neo, the dog even loved it!

Why are we as Americans so tied to our jobs and status and debt. Other countries place such a higher value on vacation and family time. I'd give up my whole house to live in a small condo near the beach. I would get up every weekend and walk on the beach and sip hot delicious coffee while the waves washed up around my feet.

6 comments:

MaggieK said...

Great pictures - it looks like a wonderful weekend

SmartBear said...

I agree with you...I'd give up most of my STUFF for a place on the beach. We try to take a couple of trips a year and my friends are always asking me how we do it. We don't make a huge amount of money, it's just a priority to us. So we give up other things to make it happen.
And the beach? It's my dream to retire there!
Looks like you had fun!
Loving your blog....
Best,
Tina

Messy Mommy said...

Looks like fun! We haven't made it to the pool or the beach yet. Maybe someday....

Lindsay said...

Looks and sounds like so much fun! We rented a condo last November and the beach was right out back. I loved being able to just go sit out by the water and relax or take a walk. So relaxing.

Ms Bibi said...

I think most of us Americans or Canadians have totally things backwards. I grew up in Europe and enjoyed the smaller pace, but even there material things are taking over and people are trying hard to keep up with the JOnes's. Who the heck are the Jones's anyway? I think we are using them so we can keep getting more and more material things.

Joey @ Big Teeth and Clouds said...

That's awesome! I would be satisfied just to convince a family member to buy a house or condo by the ocean!