Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Showering Feels Like a Chore


Last night after a long day of child care, housework, toilet scrubbing, errand running, kitchen cleaning, and dishwasher emptying I realized too much time had passed since my last shower.

So at 9:30 I climb into the shower to begin the bathing ritual. It doesn't take long for my brain to make the connection and I realize as I'm lathering up my hair that this too seems like a chore. I couldn't believe the list of things I had to get through to call my shower complete...

Shampoo Hair: Lather & Rinse
Condition Hair: Lather & Rinse
Shave Armpits: Soap Up & Shave
Shave Bikini Line: Soap Up & Shave
Exfoliate EVERYTHING
Pumice Heels: This is not easy, I don't know how my feet get this way!
Wash Entire Body
Scrub Face: and think about why your skin looks like a 15 year olds when you are midway through your 30's.
Rince Face
Towel Off
Wrap Up Hair
Lotion Entire Body
Moisturize Face
Brush Hair
Apply Hair Product

I don't know about you but Showering has become more about Maintenance then relaxation. Maintenance seems like the best description too since all of those "chores" are supposed to help us look younger, fresher, firmer!

Getting old sucks and now even my shower makes me tired. Oh, and I FORGOT to shave my legs.

8 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

Ha ha, after all that work you forgot your legs! I don't mind the actual showering part (it would be relaxing if I didn't have to do it with 3 kids staring at me, or screaming) but it's the getting ready after. It's time consuming. I wish I could just get out of the shower ready to go! I also don't like the damp feeling after the shower that lasts forever! Gives me the willies (yes, I'm strange). Oh, and my feet are terrible. Soooo bad!

Jules said...

No kiddng - I practically need a written checklist. Not to mention our bathroom is freezing even in the summer, never fun.

Susan Tipton said...

My 8 yo son would argue that the cost/benefit ratio of showering is questionable.

Personally, I sometimes consider taking up residence in the bathtub.

Danifred said...

Totally agree, and really, it's a crying shame.

Tiffany said...

Oh my! I never put it into a list how much goes into taking a shower.
I gave you an award on my blog. Check it out! Congratulations!

The Mommyologist said...

You are SO right! It definitely seems like a chore sometimes. I feel that way about blowdrying my hair. I have to blow it out with a round brush otherwise it is all frizzy and nasty, and somedays I just can't stand it. Which reminds me, I have to do it today. Blech!!!

MamaTink said...

I so agree with you. I rarely remember to shave. Thankfully my husband doesn't care!

Rebecca said...

Yes, it's exhausting, but how does your skin look like a 15 year old's??? Mine looks like it's 62 years old!

Ummm...please tell me you blow dry your hair...if not, I'm totally jealous!

You forgot, remove all baby toys from tub, find comb amongst baby toys...etc...unless you don't share a tub with babies and then I"m really jealous!