Sunday, May 9, 2010

No Vacation from Mom-Hood:)


There is no vacation from motherhood, even on Mother's Day. I mean , who would want one anyway? For some reason even if the boys are acting up, they still seem like little angels to me on this day...I cherish all the little things just a bit more.

Pouring milk, wiping behinds, searching in my purse for a toy of distraction, kissing boo boos, calming tantrums, folding little size clothes, cleaning up messes...it all just seems sweeter on Mother's Day:)

The day started off like most... Since it was Mother's Day Hubs had plans to make eggs and bacon for breakfast. Puck insisted on helping stir the eggs and inadvertently knocked the bowl to the floor. Maybe it was the gasp that escaped both Hubs and my lips, or perhaps it was the chorus of, "Oh Puuuuuck???" Tears ensued and the crying song of a 5 year old, "I ruined Mother's Daaaaaaaaaaaaay."

Since we were all in good moods this morning I began the mess of cleaning up raw eggs all over the kitchen floor while Hubs ran out to the market to buy, you guessed it, more eggs. Eventually we did get to eat eggs and bacon and biscuits and it was delicious. Best of all Puck most certainly did not ruin Mother's Day:)

We went to my favorite restaurant for an early dinner. Crap cakes, yum. Margaritas, even yummier! The boys were even tolerable in a busy restaurant that was beyond packed! Oooh, and I got a beautiful bird feeder. I'm hoping to attract some beautiful birds to my treeless backyard. Hand made cards from the boys too, love it!

Now the boys are in bed and I'm enjoying a nice quiet glass of red wine to end the day with. I'm feeling so lucky to have such a great husband that wants to make these days special for me and the boys:) Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day too:)

4 comments:

Danifred said...

Sounds like a great day to me! My kids just voluntarily went to bed- now THAT'S what I'm talking about!
Happy Mother's Day

*Jess* said...

:) I like the margarita idea!

Chrystal said...

Happy Mother's Day. Sounded like you had a great one.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Glad you enjoyed it! :)