Monday, April 26, 2010

Zumba - My Review

I tried a Zumba class tonight. It was a great cardio workout but at times I felt like I had 4 feet. I wish the music had been a little more hip hop and a little less latin but I guess that's what Zumba is.

So there I was with a whole class of suburban moms of all ages doing moves like the cha cha and walk like an egyption. I'm trying to get the moves down...lots of hip shaking, butt shaking, etc, and I find myself wondering...when did I lose my sexy? I know I have hips, I know I used to be able to shake 'em pretty good. Now, I feel like those joints no longer know what it means to "shake your booty"!

I'll have to go back next week to see if my hips remember anything from all those bar-hopping, clubbing days of my past. I will find my sexy, damnit! Anything to lose weight;)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think they just introduced this at my club! I haven't been able to make it there, but even if I do get the time, I'm scared. I suck at dancing and moving around...I'm good at spinning, pilates, and yoga...not a whole lot of moving! Congrats on getting in there!

T said...

Hang in there - I have a friend who stuck with it and has lost over 40 lbs doing Zumba! I need to see if my club has it.

*Jess* said...

I can't dance at all, so the prospect of Zumba terrifies me a bit!

Until tomorrow, Jennifer said...

I absolutely LOVE Zumba. I tried it at the YMCA and I thought the class was great. I came across a pay as you go class and its fantastik!!! I would go everyday if I could spare the money and the time. My instructor is so energetic, motivating and graceful. She uses alot of music you hear on the radio. Give it another whirl and you will be hooked. Who cares if you have 2 left feet..pretty soon you will get your sexy back

I'm just the MOM said...

cool. I would actually love to take zumba class. I agree, you will get your sexy back. Now if only I could find mine lol.

Yum Yucky said...

Should I try Zumba? YES! no yes. NO! yes. Uhhh. I should just do it, huh? :P