Thursday, April 1, 2010

Weight-Loss & Technology


Ok so I am an iPhone lover. Today I used 2 new apps: Map My Run and ShapeUp. Map My Run logs your run/walk route and ShapeUp tells you the max calories you can have in a given day depending on your BMI and weight loss goals. This got me thinking...what kinds of technology are you using to track calories and weight loss goals and progress?

By the way, while running (mostly walking) tonight I felt like a Hyper-Ventilation Elephant. I really hate running!

3 comments:

The Mother Huddle said...

So...I had to tell you about a book that changed my life...well with food anyway.
'French Women Don't Get Fat' I read it 4 years ago when I weighed in at 173 lbs (eeek!) and slowly lost 12 lbs. Then I was pregnant and only gained 22 lbs. After I had the babe I read it again and lost down to 133 - over year. Then I was preggers again but still only gained 24 lbs. After babe I got down to 129 - over a year.
It really just changed the way I look at food. And wine! You would like it I think. You have to take from it what you can, but overall it has a great message. Have you read it? On Amazon you can pick one up for super cheap.
I bought the second one and it was pretty good too.
Good luck! You can do it!
Destri

Miss. C said...

I am on the verge of getting an iphone, you just gave the iphone another plus!!!

Traci Michele said...

Here's my weight loss blog:

http://www.choose2livechoosehealth.blogspot.com

I'm at 182.... my goal is 155 :-)

Hugs,
Traci