Monday, April 12, 2010

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

I've been really missing out on blogland lately. Life is keeping me pretty busy. I stumbled upon this...

and I thought, well that looks like fun! Come join the Ultimate Blog Party with 5 Minutes for Mom.

So about me...I am a mid 30's, full-time working mom to two wild, crazy, and lovable little boys! I am a wife to Hubs and a pretty good one he would say except I can be quite forgetful. My blog is about how I juggle all of this along with starting my own photography business.


Here's a quick snapshot of my life...warning, it's gross.

Last night I was having a pity party about my 30lbs weight gain over the past 6 months. I finally get to bed and I'm sure Hubs was frustrated because he couldn't cheer me up about it. Before I even get to fall sleep my 5 year old wakes up from a bad dream...it's very unusual and he won't fall back to sleep. He ends up in bed with us but Hubs is snoring so freaking loud that we retreat back to my sons room. We fall sleep there because it's so nice and quiet...

I am awakened some time later by a sound that only a mother could here in her sleep. I bolt upright to see my sleeping son (Puck) throwing up over the edge of his bed. I screetch to wake him up. We get up and I move the bed away from the wall...

OMG. I think I said that out loud...as there is one large neat pile of puke that ran down the wall and landed in one neat pile as he vomited. OMG, again. I clean it all up. We go back to bed. I get in my bed this time and eventually my baby ends up there with me. Hubs gets up to check on him and finds more puke in Puck's bed. So that means he threw up and then came and got into my bed. I get up, again. I changed the sheets, again. I put him back in his bed, again. I go back to sleep again.

No school for Puck today. A trip to the doctors office for him and the vet for our cat. Various other errands too. Did I mention that Monday's are my days off from work. Boy, it's shaping up to be a great day.

Sorry to gross you out, it usually smells much nicer around here!

UPDATE: 11:41AM

WHILE TRYING TO GET THE "DIRTY" SHEETS IN THE DRYER I WAS OVERCOME BY THE SMELL...YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. OK GREAT, MOVING ON. WHEN PUCK AND I LOADED UP IN THE CAR TO TAKE OUR CAT TO THE VET, I BARELY TURNED THE KEY IN THE IGNITION AND HE PUKED AGAIN, ALL OVER HIMSELF AND HIS BOOSTER SEAT...UGG.

OH, IT GETS BETTER...WHILE I AM CLEANING OUT THE CAR AND HAVE PUCK IN THE SHOWER, THE SCHOOL CALLS TO SAY MUFFIN HAS HAD 2 ACCIDENTS AND NOW NEEDS ANOTHER CHANGE OF CLOTHES...

TODAY OFFICIALLY SUCKS.

32 comments:

The Empress said...

Hello! Came over with UBP>

You have a beautiful site! Fantastic photos. You are really good at this blog stuff.

So nice to meet you, I"m going to hop around your blog now, but I just wanted to say hello first.

Tasha, The Stamping Lady said...

Hi there--stopped by from the UBP! I have to say you're "lucky" he was sick on your day off! When my first one was little I went back to work 2 days a week and I swear he was either sick or up all night the night before each of those 2 days. The only reason my boss put up with it is because his wife was a strong supporter of flex time for moms and she'd have killed him if he fired me!
And, by the way, as long as you're taking pictures this stuff will seem a LOT better when you look at those albums in 8-10 years. Trust me.

Parenting in blue jeans said...

Yuck ....and yet I can relate. Stopping by from the party. Cute blog.

http://parentinginbluejeans.blogspot.com/

Comfort Joy Designs said...

Happy UBP 2010!

Momma Stuff said...

Happy UBP!! I feel for you, poor puck, I hope he's doing better. My little guy was having trouble this weekend too...he kept waking up all upset!! Look forward to reading more of your stuff, I'll be following, hope you'll check my blog out too! amber :)

LindsayDianne said...

Your photos are beautiful. I'm a photographer mom, as well. And I run a photography business. It's not easy, that's for sure, but it is a really good time.
I'm loving teh premise of your blog, which mom among us feels like she's got a handle on everything?
I'm extremely disorganized too.
:)
I'm adding you to a little blogroll of interesting blogs I've found while hopping for the party. :D

Momstart said...

Can you tell who read your post?

Oh man, I hope he gets to feeling better and that your day gets better. That sucks to have your day off be with a sick kiddo. We're all sick in my house this week, my daughter is finally off her antibiotic, and I think she's starting to catch what I have which is different from what she did have.
She had a staff infection. Oh man, kids! Love em!

I really do hope you have a better day!

Traci Michele said...

I'm a fellow cheerio-stepper-oner! Hola!

Found you over at the UBP! So much fun meeting new people, isn't it?

Nice to meet you! I'm a new follower. You have an adorable blog!

Come check out our fun when you get a second.

http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/04/meet-1000s-of-other-addicted-bloggers.html

If you like what you see, don't forget to:

1.) follow me
2.) subscribe
3.) put me in your blog roll so you don't lose me in cyberspace

Hugs, Traci

Mary said...

Hey from UBP! I love your blog. I can't imagine what it's like to raise two boys. :)

If you get a chance please stop by our blog

www.kandmbaby.blogspot.com

Party On!

Chels said...

Stopping by from the UBP! Sounds like your life is busy! That's quite a 'mom story' and I hope it improves! At least you know it's an experience every mom has been through so there's real sympathy!

Crazed Mama said...

Girl big HUG! I hope you have a giant glass of wine tonight...I am missing blogland too. Think I am going to go hook up at the blog party xo

Janene said...

Oh no, my heart sank as I read about your crappy day. It really does get better - right (at least keep telling yourself that :) )

If you get a chance (between vomit and loads of laundry)stop by http://stopdropandrelax.com/blog/ And see what we have to help you Stop Drop and Relax. Visit our store at http://www.StopDropandRelax.com and Prepare To Be Pampered.

Beth said...

Hang in there girlfriend! Hoping and praying your day goes uphill from here!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Stopping by from the party! What a night!

Irene said...

Oh dear! Hope things get better soon! Enjoy the party and your beautiful family.

Natalie-theyoungwife.blogspot.com said...

Oh, I want to cry for you.

Yellow House Knits said...

Sounds like you had quite a day! Hope tomorrow's a little brighter! I'm here from UBP10. Looking forward to reading more!

yellowhouseknits.blogspot.com

Muthering Heights said...

I came in from the UBP...it's nice to meet you!! :)

Nikki said...

Love the post. Just visiting from the UBP party. Hope you are having a great party. Stop by and visit my site. I have a giveaway and you just need to leave a comment.

Messy Mommy said...

I hate puke! But I guess I'd rather do puke than blood. Well, maybe. You're more motivated than I am! I usually just take off the sheets and make the kids sleep on towels so I don't have to keep changing sheets.

InspiredGifts.com said...

Hi there! Nice to meet you! Your boys are gorgeous!!

I hope you can stop by our blog: http://inspiredgiftsblog.blogspot.com
Inspiredgifts.com is a mom owned newly launched site.

Have a beautiful day
Rebecca

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Oh, Momma! What a mess - literally! I hope that he only has a 24-hour bug and that he is on the mend soon - and that no one else catches it!

And puke in the carseat - yuck. Cooper gets violently carsick, and I am beyond grateful for the fact that he is now old enough to puke in the sick-sacks we have stashed all over the minivan.

The Activity Mom said...

=) oh man, I've been there before too! I am SO not about throw up! I mean I turn into this NONcaregiver type person when it starts happening. That story made me smile. Just stopping by from the party

MaggieK said...

Following you from UBP....sorry about the day. I have had days like that and they are no fun. I hope he is feeling better.

Katherine at Postpartum Progress said...

Came by to say hi from UBP10. At least you're not a sympathetic puker, like my sister. If anyone pukes within 100 miles of her, she does too. Hope your outlook improves!!

Eric and Kristine Reed said...

Hang in there! You'll make it! Sorry you had such a hard day! However...Your blog is great! I am checking out blogs in the UBP10 and thought I'd look at yours! Hope you win something! If you'd like, check out my blog at: http://littlelifeinmine.blogspot.com/

Cheryl D. said...

I'm visiting for the UBP! Man, you had a bad night and day! I hope Puck is doing better now! Hang in there!

Mrs4444 said...

What a DAY! Not much of a party, huh? I'll take a raincheck, haha. Visiting cuz I love you AND via UBP :)

SH said...

Great photos ! Visiting from the uBP ! I hope you'll stop by www.bargainfun.net !

Veronika said...

Stopping through from the UBP! Love your blog title! Happy party hopping :)

The Scent Peddler said...

Hi Brandi:

On the bright side, at least it wasn't the cat puking - sometimes you never find that little mess for weeks. LOL Seriously though, I hope Puck is feeling better.

Your blog is great and I plan to follow. Stop by when you get a chance - http://www.thescentpeddler.ca/?p=133

Have a scent-sational day!
Kelly

JillAileenJones said...

Found your blog from the UBP2010 and really love it.
Love the pictures of your kiddos as well.
Would love to have you stop by and follow me as well.
I look forward to following your blog and reading more.
Blessings
Jill
http://pathwaytopurpose-jillaileenjones.blogspot.com