Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tired of Fighting

I feel like I have to fight for everything I want. This is not a new thing. It was this way growing up and it is still the same way.

I had to fight to join the Colorguard in High School.
I had to fight to date the boy I was with.
I had to fight to quit swimming.
I had to fight to go way to college.
I had to fight to join a sorority.
I had to fight to study abroad.
I had to fight to take my first job....

I had to fight the fight of my life to get married.
Once married, I had to fight to buy our first house and then our second house.
I had to fight to change jobs.
I had to fight to get the car I wanted.

and these are just the big things.

I'm so tired. I'm tired of asking and pleading. I wish someone would just ask me what I want.

2 comments:

Courtney K. said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way! I've been there before too and it's no fun. Whatever it is that's going on, I hope it gets better! You deserve to get what YOU Want sometimes. :)

JoAnna Williams said...

I hate when people tell me anything worth having is worth fighting for. Sometimes it's nie just to be handed something once in a while. Good luck with whatever it is you are dealing with.