Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Puppy Progress


So far, so good. Neo is adjusting well to life in a house with 2 crazy boys. He loves going for walks, although he likes to walk circles around you so caution stepping is necessary so as not to fall flat on your face.

I could walk through the pet store for hours. I am in complete awe at the sheer number of products one can acquire for their pet these days. I have to resist the urge to buy all the latest doggie items. The "Poop Bags" as Puck like to call them were deemed a necessity as I prefer walking down the street with a neat little fluorescent green bag then an oversize Target leftover bag that may or may not have holes in it. When it comes to poop, I want to know my bag is fully operational!

Crating at night is tough. He is doing well and everything I read says that this is the best way to go. He barked at bedtime for about 10 minutes. It reminded me of having an infant when all is quiet until the last 30 seconds before you drift off to sleep and they are up again. Up early the last 2 days to walk my newest "baby". He is a sweetie though, and deserves all the attention I can give him.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Was he already potty trained since he 4 months old? My puppy, a Jack Russell terrier is now 5 months old and is giving me such a hard time. I may have to go back to basics and start over. Glad to hear all is good. And yes, crate training is well worth it.

Rebecca said...

I totally remember the puppy days...they're so fun (and hard work)! Poop bags are a MUST in our house too...you're right...don't take any chances!

Chelle said...

Aw, honey, I love him. The picture of Neo in your sidebar? Makes me smile.

It sounds like he is doing so well adjusting! I'm so happy that he's such a wonderful addition to your family. xoxo

Danifred said...

So happy things are going well! Horray!

Jenny said...

What a cutie he is! I love that picture in the sidebar too!
Glad to hear that everything is going well with the new pup!

Tezzie said...

Awww...you got a puppy! (sorry I've been absent for so long...ya know...stuff ;D) He's adorable! So glad it's going well for Neo and his new family :D Looking forward to lotsa cute boy + dog pix!