Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Sound of a Waiter's Tray Crashing to the Floor


When Hubs suggested we take the boys out for Pizza on a Friday night it sounded like a great idea. We go out to eat a lot. Lately it's been more difficult since Muffin prefers to stand instead of sit and he won't eat anything. A pizza joint on a Friday night seemed like a safe bet, boy was I wrong.

It took just a little too long for the pizza to come. Muffin wouldn't eat anything so the rest of us enjoyed a slightly overly greasy pizza. When Puck said he had to go to the bathroom I took him. Well, I had to take both boys with me since Muffin won't let us go without him.

There's a line. The mens room is locked too. What the heck to people do in there anyway? Seriously!?! I can see Hubs looking at us like what's taking so long. The lady in front of me is pregnant. I look at her cute belly and ask when she is due. Turns out it's her first and as she looks at my 2 rambunchkins she said,

"It's a little girl."

It felt more like, "It's a sweet little girl that will never be running around like your crazy little boys."

Sigh...

Finally we get our turn in the potty. By the time we get back to the table I'm spent and ready to go. Puck hops back into the booth and proceeds to eat more pizza. He's not done. Hubs must have seen the look on my face as I'm standing in the aisle holding a wriggling Muffin and suggests we wait in the car. A great idea!

Now, the part you have been waiting for...

Before I can take one step toward the door I feel Muffin rear back in my arms. First I hear the sound of breaking glass. Next I feel something warm on my leg, yep spaghetti sauce. I look down and see pasta and sauce and glass everywhere. I couldn't get around the mess on the floor so I turned on my heels and walked our the door without saying a word and without looking at anyone.

I don't think I want to go out and eat anymore, at least for a while.

10 comments:

JennyMac said...

Oh no!!!!!!! And a quick getaway was exactly what this situation needed. LOL.

JoeyRes said...

Sometimes the pizzas are better at home, but eventually everyone gets there with the restaurant scene. Better luck next time!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I hope you got home, put them to bed, and had yourself a glass of wine. I can relate - you never know if the 'out to eat' attempt will be worth it...

Ellemes said...

Oh that stinks. Try to have a nice time and that's what happens I guess.

There will come a day that it will be nice to eat out again (albeit it may be a day involving a sitter)

Tiffany said...

Dinner out with kids: sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I know the feeling.

Rebecca said...

OMG...the comment you left on my blog about this incident cracked me up (don't get mad...you'll laugh about it one day too)! Hope no one got hurt!

Danifred said...

Being a mother is a life no one can understand or appreciate until they are knee deep in spaghetti sauce!

Daisygirl said...

oh crap! I can so see this happening to me this is why we are Chuck e cheese people!

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Oh no! I miss the days when pizza out was a great idea - no one in my house has the patience or attention span to wait that long any more.

Juno Mom said...

My day is coming, I'm sure of it!