Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Night Leftovers


I am so glad it's Friday! Play along and serve up your leftovers by visiting Sippy Cups are not for Starbucks!

and also Half Past Kissing Time's Friday Fragments



*We have crossed over to the darkside...we are now the proud owners of a mini-van. In the past I have preached how much I hate these things. Now, I gotta tell you it's like a luxury hotel on wheels complete with leather and enough cup holders to end world thirst! I mean the doors open and close by themselves. What more could a mom with her hands and arms full all the time ask for! It's da bomb! Funny, it's actually my Hubs ride! I drive a Prius so that I can ride HOV in crazy DC traffic! I can't wait to take our first beach trip this summer!

*I had a glass of wine last night for the first time in what seems like weeks. It was so delicious and went down like liquid velvet. I wonder if I'll get to polish it off later tonight!
*I wore flip flops today, even though it was freezing. I am so ready for spring!
*I am taking the weekend off from my photo business. If you want to see what I've been working on, click HERE.

12 comments:

Cara said...

I was hesitant in getting a mini-van, too. My husband had to talk me into it when our first baby was 10 months old. After the first few days of driving it, I wondered why it took us so long to get one! I LOVE MY MINI-VAN!!! Congrats and have a great work free weekend!

Theta Mom said...

Wine is my favorite and I am so ready for Spring!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

So is this the answer to the cliffhanger...the minivan!

I also didn't want one ...but boy do I love the automatic doors...and there is always a cup holder available...since there are like 30!

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Nope, the van is not the cliffhanger. Not sure it's a cliffhanger anyway, we'll see:)

Danifred said...

No, no, no. I won't look :)
One of these days I think we'll be in the same boat... er, minivan.

And yes, COME ON SPRING!!!

jennifer said...

I had a van once and it was quite roomy. It was exactly what we needed with little ones. Now that they are older (and out of car seats) I just cram them in my Honda Accord :)

Susan Tipton said...

From a volkswagon to a minivan and then on...
You've not driven something really sexy until you driven a 12 passenger van.

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Susan, I'll always miss my VW's!

renee said...

omg i know just how you feel about the minivan. we were sooo against them, but once we got ours we LOOOOOVE it! we just couldn't fit 3 car seats in the back of our jeep so we had to switch it up. it's so awesome to just push the button and the doors open and we have stow and go in ours (chrysler t & c) which is so cool. i feel so lame for loving it so much, but i really do. lol. :D

Beth said...

Love the mini-van! Enjoy! :)

Rebecca said...

Mini-van...I, too, speak out against them, but am secretly jealous of the ease it affords other mothers as I am slamming my doors against the adjacent cars! Enjoy!

Enjoy your glass of wine too...can't say it's been that long for me.

I love your pictures. I hate driving in DC...always get stuck in some seedy area! ALWAYS!!!

Heather said...

If I get a mini-van it would have to be a fully loaded town and country!
I am so ready to get my flip flops out. Awww miss them flips.