Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Back on Track - My Back Story

It's been awhile since I've even looked at this blog...

I was so demotivated by my weight gain. It felt to me like the pounds came out of no where. In 6 months I went from a Size 6 to a Size 12. Even more strange to me was how the weight appeared in places that I had never had a problem before, like my midsection. I have a muffin top and I HATE it!

Losing the weight just so I could wear my clothes seemed impossible. I grew out of my pants, shirts, skirts, underwear, and my bra. I didn't even want to put on make up and lived in my yoga and gaucho pants as much as I could. If it wasn't for having to go to work I probably wouldn't have even put on a pair of real pants.

Last year was one of the longest and most difficult I can remember. I slipped into a depression and sought out therapy and medication to help me through a personally low time in my life. Everything helped incredibly and I'm thankful that I was able to recognize that I needed help. Sometimes as women and moms we think we have to do it all alone. Take it from me, we don't.

Unfortunately, the medicine I was taking was a contributing factor to the rapid weight gain. I'm in a better place now and have starting weaning myself off of it.

I have been watching what I eat, drinking lots of water and limiting the wine, sniff, sniff:(

I hope you'll follow me on my journey and I would love to follow yours. Doing this alone would be no fun!

Today I ate...

90 Calorie Fiber One Breakfast Bar
Coffee (probably 2 cups too many)

Udoni Asian Soup
Low Fat Yogurt

Part Skim Cheese Stick
Banana

Handful of Pistachios

Grilled Salmon (not a big fan, yuck)
Whole Grain Rice
Steamed Veggies

1-diet Pepsi, my desert.

4 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

Good for you. I always feel that starting is the hard part. It will feel so great to put those clothes back on and maybe even get new ones! I've had to revamp my wardrobe cause nothing fit. It's a great feeling!

After my second I went on meds for depression then BAM, when she was 6 months old I got pregnant with my 3rd. I was put on bedrest at 28 weeks with him and went back on the drugs. Believe me, I understand the needing help thing. If a little tiny pill can make me a happier and healthier woman, mom and wife, then so be it. Luckily I haven't needed them for a year and a half, but just know you aren't alone. There are plenty of us out there that share in that. Just putting it out there means you are a strong person.

Brooke said...

I came her from Sippy Cups. I don't have a blog but I've peeked in on you a few times. I can so feel your weight loss pain! This year I have been REALLY trying to get the last 13 pounds of preg weight off...did I mention that my son is 2 1/2? I send daily text to my BFF and we try to motivate each other to say on the wagon. I've found making myself accountable to someone else has helped.

I wish you much success in your wieght loss! I found that livestong.com is a great tool in helping count calories, water in take and excersise.

Good luck again!

BTW, if you loose 30 pounds you'll float away

Jenn said...

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Nona said...

I relate so much to this. Good luck. You can do it!!!