Monday, March 29, 2010

Always Someone Better

There will always be someone better that you.
There will always be someone who thinks they have a better way.
There will always be someone who wears better clothes or drives a better car.
There will always be someone who thinks they are a better parent.

That's why you have to believe in you and love yourself and love who you are.

Starting my own business is scary. There are the financial decisions, there's networking, websites, blogs, business cards, taxes, products, reputation...it just goes on and on...

For months I've been wondering what "my" style is. I look at every photo blog and website I can get my mouse too. Sometimes touring the images can be intimidating and sometimes I come away with renewed confidence. I just ordered some new business cards that have images on the backs. I had to go through and select those images by hand one at a time. Then, it hit me "My" style was staring me right in the face. I realized what you see is what you get. My clients and future clients will choose me because they like "my" style over another.

I feel relieved that I know what my style is. I feel confident too.

What ever you do for a living or how ever you raise your babies...someone will always think they know more then you do. Someone will always think they can do it better or in some other way. Only you know "your" style.

Run with it.

Embrace it.

Be your BEST self!

12 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome post!

Congratulations on recognizing your style. I, for one, LOVE it. (Too bad you live so far away...)

Tiffany said...

This post and your photos are awesome. It's true what you said and no one can be a better you. :0)

Shell said...

I love this! It's so true. You have to know who you are and stick with that, not try to follow some magic formula for success set up by who-only-knows-who.

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Love this confident post! Good for you! Carry on my friend!

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

How come, even as a grown woman, it is often so hard to embrace what we do and how we do it?! Congratulations for figuring out who you are and for rocking it!

Juno Mom said...

So needed to read this!! Awesome post!

Cindy said...

Awesome post and soo very true! It is your life and you are the one living it, so enjoy it to it's fullest.

Michelle Leigh said...

I hear ya! It took me a long time to actually admit that I had talent. I always saw somebody as being better than me. Being new in the industry is really scary too. Sometimes you feel less talented because you haven't been around very long. Anyway, it took a while to get over it and just worry about myself and this post is exactly what I was thinking when I came to that realization! Congrats on coming to this point! And yes, you want people to hire you because they like your style, otherwise it would be a disaster!

Danifred said...

Wonderful advice. I think "knowing yourself" is a lifelong process that takes work. It's a shame that not everyone embraces this process.

Daisygirl said...

I know what ya mean! I just checked out what you have been working on with your website...I love the OH My photo of your son, adorable and so clear!

Lindsay said...

Love this post Brandi and know exactly what you mean. Starting the blog design business has made me have to think about my style too. Am glad that you have found yours : )

renee said...

oh i totally agree! and it's very true that ppl will choose you b/c they like you the best. we just selected a family photographer to do our photos and that was exactly the reason. her style was just "us". and your style will be that for your clients. good luck, i am super jealous! :D