Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sock it to Me Saturday

I've got a lot of things to do today. I wonder if I can find the energy to do everything that I have in the endless To Do list that exists in my mind.

I made a TuTu last night for a photo shoot I have tomorrow. I need to make one more today as there are 2 sisters.

I need to clean out some closets. I'm wondering if I can convince Hubs that our loft would be a great place to make a photo studio. That would possibly mean the boys would have to share a room and we could make another bedroom a play room. The nursery could become a small guest room or an office for Hubs. If I didn't always have to work on location then I could limit the time I'm out of the house:)

My goal with all this photography stuff....by the time Muffin enters Kindergarten which it about 2-1/2 years away, be able to work my business full-time so that I am completely independent, no boss. This would allow me to pick my kids up at the bus top or volunteer at their schools. This would allow me to be around and be the mom I really want to be and still provide that 2nd income my family needs.

Their faces are all the motivation I need to keep pushing forward even when my confidence is low or I'm tired, which is often! I should have done this years ago. I've been a professional photographer for 10 years working for someone else. I'm in my mid 30's and it's time for ME to call the shots of my own life.

Do you have a goal or a plan for yourself? I would love to hear it!

16 comments:

Ellemes said...

I would love to become a photog as well, but I really like my day job of teaching. Confidence would always be my biggest problem.

My plan for just today is going to town to get supplies (groceries and the like), get my passport pics redone, come home and clean the house, hopefully get some reading in and maybe watch a movie.

Crazed Mama said...

My goals??? Just to make it to the end of the day lol! Your babes are so beautiful, I know you will reach your goals to be with them. Have a great day

Kelly said...

I have always dreamed of becoming a photographer! I say go with it! I would love to have my own business, no boss, and be able to get my kids from school. I have been a stay at home mom for 4 years now and would like to get back into the working scene but don't want to be away from my family.

Have a wonderful day! and Good luck with all that rearranging!!! :)

Messy Mommy said...

Oh my gosh I could eat up Muffin's face! You better be entering him in some cute baby contests!

Shell said...

Wow, you definitely have a goal! I hope you can make it work!

Courtney K. said...

This is something I'm aiming for down the road. I would love to have my own home studio, especially since Hubby is in the military and renting a building costs so much. I can't wait to see how things turn out for you. I'm just starting out, so it's always such an encouragement to see others and their progress. Have a great weekend!

Tezzie said...

What a great goal to have... I'm sure you'll be able to achieve it!

My goal, for now, is to just finish my third year of Cabinet Making trade school...since I'm only in my second year, I'm not feeling too stressed to further my plan yet ;D A year from now, I hope to know better where I'd like my education to take me!

Daisygirl said...

We have a very similar goal! I am trying to finish my degree before my big venture and like you waiting until all my kids are in school full time...I have a few years to practice!

Good luck on the closets! Ugh I think closets are the most unfun of all cleaning!

~Jen~

Danifred said...

I love that you have a plan. I think that's the hardest part, finding that place you want to push yourself to.
I know what I want, I just don't know how to get there.

Lindsay said...

I love what you have planned. Especially becoming a full time photographer and being your own boss : ) Awesome!

Can you come clean my closets out next? I sweat I shrink a little every time my husband opens a closet door hoping that nothing falls out and hits him on the head.

Mainly I have a whole bunch of boxes in my closets because I keep them just in case I need to return anything. But I haven't cleaned them out in I don't know when so it's probably time for me to do the same thing : )

Courtney K. said...

Stop by my blog :) I have an award for you!

Messy Mommy said...

Thanks for following! I've given you an award on my blog!

aliasblogger.blogspot.com

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

What's that saying? With big chances, comes big reward? I say go for it on the in-home studio! (Which is, of course, easy for me to say because you are the one paying for the remodeling!) I think your plan is very admirable, but totally within your reach and I am excited to see you achieve your goal!

Theta Mom said...

I think it's so important to have a plan - that way you can reach those goals!!!

Michelle Leigh said...

I think those goals are completely attainable and I say go for it with the loft! I'm thinking of converting our playroom into a small studio for more traditional type shoots, although I'm all about on-location and the uniqueness that it offers. I stay home with my kids and do photography part time and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's the perfect career to have when you are raising little ones, that's for sure!

Mama B said...

I so hope you can do it! I too want to start my own business! I have just started thinking about it and talking about it with hubby....we'll see how it goes....