Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Proud Mama Here!

We've tried soccer and T-Ball. Now we have Puck enrolled in Tae Kwon Do. It's EXPENSIVE. Did I mention it's expensive? It's also the most amazing program for high energy kids like my son I have ever seen. Bar None. It keeps his attention every second he is in that place. He gets to do all the things he's usually not allowed to do...run, jump, kick, punch, yell...yep YELL! The louder the better!

Tonight was a really big night. He earned his white belt. He has been taking TKD for about a month and a half, maybe two. His white belt test was last Saturday and it lasted 45 minutes long! I think I was more nervous then he was. He did it. He passed. So today in class he was awarded the WHITE BELT and I almost cried because I knew that he actually worked really hard for it. It was a proud mama moment. During other activities it's often me that is begging him to participate and be like the others...not in TKD...this is his thing. Did I mention I almost cried! I also LOVE to see him break boards. They must be trick boards but it's so exciting.

Enjoy the photos:)





9 comments:

Sherri said...

That is so cool! I have wanted to get Luke signed up! What age do suggest them starting?

Also wanted to check and see how your doing on the "fitness challenge!"

Melissa said...

How cute is he!! Your entire family is just adorable!

I love your blog name and your description about who you are had me in stitches, LOL!!!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

It is amazing how the proud moments of our children give us the most emotion. Congrats to your little board breaker!

Crazed Mama said...

Woo Hooo way to go! Congrats to your sweet boy

Shell said...

I had my oldest in TKD(though we just called it karate LOL) for a while and it really was awesome. Taught him so much as far as discipline went. I really need to get him back in class. The $ stopped us.

Congrats to your cutie!

Chrystal said...

Congrats! He is so cute. Such a big moment. My neighbor has her high energy kids in TKD too. I didn't know it was expensive. I guess that is why they always give a free lesson to get you hooked.

clairity said...

Wow, that's amazing! Now you've got your own li'l 'bodyguard' LOL.

Lindsay said...

This is so awesome! I am wanting to put Ryan in the same thing once he is old enough. Mainly because I just want him to know how to protect himself in every situation.

Actually I would love to do it too but don't want to have to actually fight anyone.

You should be so proud! Such a great accomplishment : )

Rebecca said...

So awesome! I love the yelling...I think that's the best part for kids...they're encouraged to be LOUD!!!