Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Motherhood. Before & After

Life after kids is wonderful. It's also different and you are no longer the center of the world.

Here is my Before - After

Filed and painted long nails - Cut them short, very often uneven, almost always unpainted (don't even ask about my feet!)

Plucked eyebrows daily/weekly - Tweezers come out of the medicine cabinet about once every three months...little sprouts abound, don't look too close.

Gap - Old Navy & Target

Showered everyday - When was my last shower?

Slept in on the weekends - Coffee is the new sleep.

Boobs were for beauty - Boobs are for feeding

Gave the evil eye to moms with misbehaving kids in public - Smile & offer assistance & reassurance.

Went to the bathroom alone - Flushed privacy down the toilet

Had a career - Just go to work

Loved yourself - Love your kids more then anything else

Remembered Everything - Forget Everything

So yeah, I'm a fatter, less fashionable, hairier forgetful version of my former self. Yet, because I'm a mom, I'm stronger, and wiser, and more determined to live life to the fullest and be the best woman I can be:) Moms are the most remarkable woman I have the pleasure of being friends with.


8 comments:

Shell said...

Love this- it's so true!

Danifred said...

Oh, the shower one is SO true!

Kristiina said...

That is hysterical....and so true, as I sit here at 4:17pm, unshowered, in my pajamas and boobs about to bust because my daughter is sleeping!!!

Crazed Mama said...

Great post and so true. Showering is over rated any way, it just gives me something else I have to do to get out the door in the morning

Rebecca said...

Hairier...love it! I have taken to actually biting my fingernails off b/c I'm too lazy at the end of the day to get off my ass and get the nail clippers! They are pretty even though!

JoeyRes said...

We sure are remarkable. And possibly stinky from the sounds of it!

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

This is perfect and so, so true!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I hear ya!