Thursday, February 4, 2010

Merlot & an Impromptu Weekend Eve

Tomorrow is Friday but I don't have to go to work. I'm excited about a leisurely morning home with my family but I'm not looking forward to being snowed in for 3 days. I've also heard that it may snow AGAIN on Tuesday! That is just so not fair:( I guess I should be able to catch up on all that laundry I've been ignoring.

I'm enjoying the quiet right now. Hubs went to enjoy a beverage with a neighbor and the boys are asleep. I'm tired. Actually, I'm tired all the time. This is the time of day when I could get so much done. This is also the time of day when I have absolutely no energy left whatsoever!

Maybe I should take time to give myself a manicure, pedicure, and facial this snowy weekend. When did I develop these gross bags under my eyes? When did my heels become dry and cracked like the Sahara Desert and when the hell did my hands become so rough I can no longer touch delicate fabrics without snagging them? Did I mention the crows feet....ugg. Hoping for some beauty sleep tonight...Oh, that must be the problem there is NO such thing for us moms!


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Hope you get some time to relax this week-end...your boys are gorgeous!

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Sounds like a good plan to me!

I am 31, and this past year was the year I gave in and bought under-eye-cream. Sadly, while it has done an amazing job of smoothing out the wrinkles, it just can't make me look like I have gotten a decent night's sleep in the last 5 years.

Juno Mom said...

I'm with you girl! Tired! I think I may actually take a nap this weekend, I mean, since we'll be snowed in and all :)

Danifred said...

Although I love the snow, I'm feeling quite anxious today, for no good reason.
Maybe we all need to get together for some impromptu margaritas!?!

just me, dawn said...

Ugh, I am with you on the snow....hoping that bebe girl doesn't decide that she is a snow bunny :)
I love muffin's face, so intense.

Rebecca said...

Haha...I think we are "feet twins." Gross, right? I used to take pretty good care of myself...what has happened???