Sunday, February 14, 2010

Can it be, my baby is 3???

I can't believe my youngest babe has made the leap to 3. It seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. Only to realize that Puck was a rather large threat to our newborns safety! Within minutes of arriving home I'm sitting on the couch holding my bundle of joy when a 2 year, 4 month old Puck headbutts our 4 day old baby Muffin! Ahhhhh! After I recovered from that it wasn't long before a sleeping Muffin was awakened in the Pack & Play by a full bottle of Johnsons Baby Lotion narrowly missing his face... Deep breaths. Breath. Muffin spent almost the entire first 3 months of his life in a bouncy seat in the center of the kitchen island, as far out of reach from big brothers reach as he could get. So the fact that he is here and that I was able to protect him from his big brother long enough for him to get robust enough to fight back (and now they both give as well as they get) it's a huge success as a mom:)

My boys seem to be the best of friends. For all the moments breaking up fights over toys or other sibling drama event, there are twice as many tender moments that I see pass between them. It's truly amazing and it makes me so happy to see real love pass between them on a daily basis. Puck is the name given to him by Muffin, since Muffin cannot say his real name. We love it and have taken to using the nickname as well.

Nothing about Muffin has ever been easy, well except Breastfeeding (the opposite story of Puck). Being his mom has tested me on so many levels but I can't imagine having him any other way. Enjoy my favorite photos of my 2nd born son.









8 comments:

Shell said...

He is precious! I love all his curls.

That newborn pic...makes me ache for another one.

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Big Boy! He's adorable young and "old!"

JoeyRes said...

Happy Birthday! They grow up so fast!

Danifred said...

Happy Birthday big, sweet boy.
It happens all too fast!

clairity said...

Happy Birthday Big-guy. Love his curls in that last photo :)

JennyMac said...

Adorable! What gorgeous hair!!!!

Our son just turned 3 last month.

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

What a sweetheart! Happy Birthday to your beautiful baby boy!

Suzanne Incognito said...

Oooh. I love those pictures.

Cuties!