Monday, February 22, 2010

Bird In a Dryer




Mondays are my days home with my boys. I get to wake up with them and drive them to Preschool and pick them up.

It's the day I try to get things done around the house or go grocery shopping. I felt like I hadn't sat down all day. I even made a TuTu for my neighbors 2 year old daughters birthday:)

Fast forward to bedtime. During the boys shower time I tell Hubs the dryer had stopped working. It was working fine just an hour before. He pulls it out and starts to investigate...

I get Muffin to bed, it's easy since he seems to have given up naps. Puck wants to be involved in the laundry room excitement.

I'm standing there as Hubs is behind the dryer and he stands up with the funniest look on his face saying, "OMG." I'm like, "what? what?" My neighbor is standing with us and he says, "Are those crows feet?"

"What?" That's me...

There was a big black bird stuck in the back of my dryer. Yeah, really. Ewwwwww! Disgusting.

Hubs gets it out, blood and feathers and all. Puck is asking to see it! "I won't be scared mommy..." Yeah right! He made me promise to show him the photos...

I'll never think of clean laundry the same again. I'm pretty impressed with Hubs tonight. The dryer started right up. It's now drying a load of bleach soaked towels..just to make me feel better....

11 comments:

Shell said...

Ew, ew, ew!!!!!

Ellemes said...

OMG! I would be freakin out! Heck I'm sorta freaked out sitting in my living room; no crows in sight!

Danifred said...

Okay... EWWWWWWWWWWW!

That will be all. Blech.

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Speechless!

Jessica said...

that is beyond weird! yay for an (easily) fixed dryer!

mom2three said...

huh? how is that possible? Next time something stops working in my house I am going to have my hubby check for birds!

Until tomorrow, Jennifer said...

i just started following your blog...are you my long lost twin? your about me section sounds just like me. I lost my job 2 years ago so now i babysit for others kids. i am losing my mind, my hoouse is stil a disaster over run by toys and kids, and the laundry at times gets as tall as the dresser!

Jenn said...

I'm staring at those pictures with my mouth wide open! How the heck did that bird get in there???

Crazed Mama said...

I am soooo happy someone else has had dryer drama!

Neva said...

I just had a big body shiver reading that post. Blehk! Eeeewwww....Thank God hubs got it.

amomentforme said...

oh my goodness. That is awful!!! But the look on your hubby's face is awesome lol, what a good sport. Beautiful blog!!