Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week 1: Weigh In - 154.8lbs

In July I weighed 129lbs. The weight had literally been falling off. It was like nothing I had ever experienced brought on by stress I suppose. Since then the weight has piled back on, I guess because I starting eating on a regular basis. So now it's time to get serious about losing this weight and doing so in a healthy way this time.

My story: Prior to pregnancy weight was never really an issue for me. I was never "skinny" but I'd say I was in the range for my height etc. After a miscarriage and another pregnancy coupled with quitting smoking the weight gain was like an unstoppable freight train. The day before my first born son was born I weighed 198lbs!

Today I am 154.8lbs. I realize there are many woman you would love to be that weight. Weight is all about how you feel about yourself and so for me this is just not where I want to be.

My Goal: By June 23rd I hope to have made my goal of 125lbs.

The Problem(s):

*I work full-time.
*I have 2 kids.
*I have a husband.
*I just started my own business.
*Sleep is necessary.
*Not enough hours in the day.
*Can't afford a Gym membership at the moment, not that I have to time to actually leave the house.

Here goes nothing.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi Brandi,
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
I understand the restraints in your life that make it feel almost impossible to do this. I have two little kids, run my own business from home, a husband and a crazy dog to take care of, lol!
All I can say is - find the time. Ask your hubby to watch the kids after work so you can get in a run (or walk). Do something active as a family on the weekends.
Track your food! It really makes a difference.
And know that we are all here for you - we're all going through the same thing, whether it's 25 pounds or 100 pounds.
Good luck - I'll be cheering you on!

Heather said...

Hi! Im a mom of 8 trying to lose about 50+ pounds..and have many of the same challenges you listed! I know how important it is to find the time - and I am struggling with that now. I work full time and on my breaks/lunches I am now walking the neighorhood..which is kind of nice, since I dont live anywhere near work I feel like Im exploring something new, and it gets me away from my desk!

Good luck!!
-Heather
http://heathercanlose.blogspot.com
www.thisbigfamily.blogspot.com