Sunday, January 24, 2010

Today is my Birthday


As I get older birthdays are less and less exciting. I think my best birthday ever was a surprise Sweet 16 my parents threw me....of coarse that was a long, long, long time ago...

As birthdays go this was a great one:) I got to sleep in (which all moms know is AWESOME!!!) I woke up to a plate of pancakes with a whipped cream smiling face a top of a cute little table I've had my eye on for 6+ months and drawings from my boys, a fresh fruit smoothie and coffee...

Here is the funny part. I sit down at the table feeling elated about turning 34 in such a way with my sons and husband clearly enjoying the celebration as much as me. I'm sipping hot creamy coffee and smiling, my husband is snapping photos and I don't even care that I haven't looked in a mirror yet and that I'm still in my PJ's....smile, smile, smile...

Blake says, "Why do you have spots all over your face mommy?"

I look at my husband who looks mortified and says, "That's not nice Blake" and looks at me and politely reveals to me that overnight I have developed two choice ZITS! Ahhh, don't you just love it? As if I wasn't feeling old and hideous enough as it was. I have to laugh however...if only we'd had that on video we could have won, America's Funniest Home Videos!

A wonderful lunch with my dad & step mom and a movie with the hubs, Avatar in 3D!

GIFTS:

2 bottles of wine
wine glasses
wine glass charms
wine bottle stoppers

I guess they know me pretty well:) I'm enjoying a birthday glass of Merlot right now and some quiet time just for me...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

First, thank God for wine.
Second, I love that your older son is literally holding your younger son away from the cake. It's like if he gets anywhere near it, a WWF match will break out!

Happy Birthday...I'm going on 36 this March and I'm petrified. My husband calls it "the wrong side of 30." Nice, huh? Granted, he usually uses that phrase with football players, but I do take it personally ;)

Danifred said...

Hope your birthday was wonderful! I'm ALMOST ready to enjoy a little wine myself... I've missed it!

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Happy Birthday (again!) It sounds like you had a wonderul day - zits and all!