Friday, January 8, 2010

Quiet Friday Night, with Music...


My week has come to end. It's quiet here in my house and I am alone in my kitchen with my computer and Pandora. My babies are sleeping and my husband is otherwise occupied with an XBox...

I love music. In my life I have taken voice lessons, piano lessons...I played the flute, the piccolo, and my favorite, the Oboe. I wasn't exceptional by any means, mediocre at best. Never a soloist, just part of the whole....but that was always o.k. with me. Very few people have ever heard me sing. It's one of those things that I keep to myself. By chance in college I had to sing during rush for my sorority. I had to sing, accapella, in front of at least 150 woman, 7 times in one night. During rehearsal I remember people stopping and starring and listening...they were surprised...I could sing! The only time I sing now is when I'm singing lullabies to my children. They seem to enjoy it, especially my 2 year old, he asks..."Rock-a-bye?"...and I comply.

I listen to music while I commute. Music touches me, it reaches into me, it touches my heart, it moves me...

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love Pandora and I can't sing...I do love music though. Guess that's what I get for being born to two music teachers! Sing on...whoever hears will be happier!

Juno Mom said...

I love to sing too...I just wish I could sing :) Haha!!! I don't get asked to sing very often :)

MoonNStarMommy said...

I feel the same way you do about music, and my husband was shocked (and jealous?) that I could sing better then him. And he makes me melt when he sings sometimes. It's always nice to be in a quite house...

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

I feel the same way about music and took voice for years. Nowadays my big stage is my staircase where the acoustics are great and I perform for the cat!