Friday, January 1, 2010

My One Little Word: Health

Browsing through blogs earlier today I stumbled upon a great place...Ali Edwards: Capture + Create + Document + Celebrate. Please visit this blog because it is the reason for my post, which is an idea that came directly from there. Specifically My One Little Word. This blog belongs to Ali Edwards and I plan to dive into some of her archives the first chance I get. The idea is basic and complex and simple and thought provocing all at the same time. I've already posted about my New Years Resolutions but when I read this, a twist on the traditional resolution, I didn't even need to think about my OWN One Little Word: HEALTH. 2009 was one of the unhappiest years I can remember. It was a stressful time, a time of confusion of who I am, where I was going, and so much more. I was deeply depressed and I couldn't eat and by July I had lost more weight than I even know and ended up at 128lbs. I'm proud to say I did seek help...I know when I am no longer in control. Since then I have gained back all the weight I lost, I've learned that it's ok to ask for help, I was enjoying being so thin for the first time since college...but oh well;)

Health. My one word for 2010 is Health. I am working towards a healthy body, a healthy mind, a healthy heart, a healthy outlook, a healthy home, a healthy attitude, and building a healthy business. Everyday I will be thinking about the word HEALTH and how I can use it to change everything about my life that isn't so well...healthy.

I challenge you to do the same read Ali Edwards Post and choose your "One Little Word."

Happy New Year

3 comments:

Shell said...

I'll have to go check it out.

You sound like you came out of this year a much stronger person.

Danifred said...

I'll have to give that one some thought. Hmmm....

Lindsay said...

I will have to go check it out and get back to ya. I do want to do the same though and be more mindful of my weight. I have lost twenty pounds and would like to take off another fifteen. I have so many cute clothes waiting for my in my closet that I am just about into.

I will pray that 2010 will be a better year for you. I know that I am just not looking back at the last year and hoping to do so many things this year!