Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Life as Art


I've never considered myself to be artistic. Lately though I see art everywhere I go. Everything I see has an emotion all it's own. I'm not sure exactly what the reason is, but over this past year, the most difficult year I can remember, I'm not the same person I was before. Maybe that's why I have had this renewed love of photography. After a decade of shooting high volume portraits, photography became so mundane, it became just work. Now I'm seeing things differently. I pulled my car over last week to take this photo I finally know what I'm supposed to be when I grow up...I've come full circle.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That picture that you stopped to take is AMAZING! I could so see it hanging somewhere in my house.

And I get what you mean about seeing the world differently. Being a writer I am always on the look out for great sayings, the way people behave or their mannerisms, or situations I find interesting. It has helped me a lot because I feel like it makes my characters more real.