Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Magic Mommy Moment


I spent the last 2 weeks at home with my boys, an unusual treat since I work full-time and have throughout both pregnancies and since they were born. I was lucky enough to have 12 weeks maternity leave with both my boys. Returning to work after my first born was particularly difficult. I remember crying all the way to work and most of the day in my office. It got easier over time and there are even some mornings when I'm down right thankful that I get to (I mean have to) leave the toys scattered about, the breakfast dishes in the sink, the dirty diapers, the noise OMG the noise...and hop in my car with a hot cup of Joe and go to GASP, work! It's quiet in the car and I get to listen to whatever I want on the radio as loudly as I want. I don't have to listen to Spongebob or Thomas DVD's playing in the backseat, what a treat!

The boys and I had so much fun on my break from work. I got so much cuddle time with Cade and Blake and I actually played games together! Everyone was ready to get back to the routine of work and school but I missed them today more then ever. The one plus about being gone all day is the excitement they show you when you return. The smiles and exclamations of "Mommy!" when I walk through the door make all the stresses of the day fade away.

My first order of business as a mommy today was sitting with a post-nap Cade while he devoured a cookie...I didn't even mind the crumbs in my lap.

2 comments:

BlogBaby said...

Do me a favor will you...stop making working outside the home seem so enjoyable, I DO NOT want you giving MY Mama any ideas, you hear? ;)

BlogBaby
P.S. Regarding your question about the post processing on today's post images...the only editing that was done was to sharpen slightly and add Pioneer Woman's "Boost" action at 60% opacity. Simple and effective. :)

Lindsay said...

I am glad to hear that you got some time off with your boys. Sometimes I think about going back to work just to get out of the house a bit more but it would be too hard to get hired down here in Houston. Plus with my husband traveling so much I don't think I could come home and take care of everything myself after being at work all day!

I love the last part where you said you sat with Cade while he ate a cookie and didn't even mind the crumbs in your lap : ) It's like when Ryan kisses me after he has eaten Cheetos and has orange all around his mouth.