Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Detox


My One Little Word for 2010 is health. It's going good so far, eating healthy, alcohol has taken a hiatus, pushing my business projects forward, exercising more. It's a lot to think about all in one day. If I could tally all the thoughts that pass through my brain in a given day I think you could link the words from the east coast to the west coast. It's exhausting sometimes.
My spirit is tired. Yeah, that's right, my spirit. I'll try to explain. It's as if I am the same person I always was but what's on the inside is less than shiny, slightly banged up, maybe a dent here or there...I'm the same woman, just changed somehow for reasons far beyond my control. Is that experience or age or something else? I'm not sure.
I have a lot to be excited about, I have a lot to be thankful for. I have made goals for myself that I believe are attainable and will bring peace and happiness to me and my boys. There you have it I am going through an emotional, spiritual, and physical detox.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think in a way it comes with age. Because when I was eighteen I was confident, trusted everyone, and had enough energy to run a marathon everyday. Now that I am almost thirty I question myself, trust only about three people, and want to be in bed by like eight o'clock. Most of the time I feel confident and have energy but not nearly like I did when I was younger.

lilac said...

I think it's age and experience. Life isn't a bed of roses and it can eventually wear on a person.

Danifred said...

Nice work!!!!

Shell said...

I know exactly how you feel. Being beat up inside is what lead to the pity party I had for myself yesterday afternoon on my blog. I think I've gotten to the root of it, though.

I hope you can accomplish your goals.

Juno Mom said...

Sounds refreshing! Good luck!!!

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

Lady, you are taking the words right out of my mouth! I am so excited to see what the coming year brings for you, and I am so enjoying reading your journey.

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

i need to do that too..

detox for me too..

Brook said...

Hi there! Dropping by from SITS to say, "hello". Happy Friday and best wishes in the new year.

Kindest regards,
Brook