Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breaking the Rules...


Boy did I have a day. I don't even want to go into the specifics but I'm glad the day in nearing it's end. No one by the way has met my challenge of the self portrait and I'm waiting ever so patiently;)

I broke my rules. I'm having some wine tonight. I felt like my emotions were attacking me. I put my babies to bed and poured a glass of my favorite affordable red wine, I don't drink any white, and climbed into a hot bath tub. I played my favorite Pandora station and sipped the red liquid from my glass and closed my eyes and tried to move myself forward through time.

The one bright spot in my day was a friend reminding me that I had been her shoulder to cry on, she needed me and I was there for her. So that made up for the silent treatment I've been receiving and for my boss insulting me.

It was a crappy day.

I'm in love with my boys and I'm in love with my camera. My camera is the key to my future. Taking pictures could help me spend more time with my sons. I'm not around enough. I'm not in love with myself but I'm trying to like myself.

7 comments:

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

I am so sorry you had such a rough day, and hope that tomorrow is better! And I LOVE the last line - I think that is the most that any of us can hope for.

Rebecca said...

Ugh...I don't blame you for breaking your rule. I have broken your rule for several nights now. Hang in there...it can only get better as you begin to take more control over your life. Your picture is beautiful and made me want a glass (yeah...at 7:38 AM)! I, too, love the last line.

just me, dawn said...

((hugs)) loving yourself makes all the difference.

Shell said...

Sorry for the crappy day!

I can't drink red wine- I get all paranoid that my teeth are getting stained while I drink it that I can't enjoy it.

Hope today is better.

Danifred said...

Sorry your day was so crappy. Enjoy your wine, breaking the rules is totally acceptable- they're YOUR rules to break :)

Ashley @ Germato.com said...

Hoping today is better!

Wine solves a lot though. :)

Lindsay said...

I hope that your days have been going better. Life can be so tough sometimes. My husband just got an email from his dad (term used lightly) telling him that he wanted nothing more to do with him. His dad is a POS and it makes me just want to slap him and wake him up to the wonderful man he is missing out on. But when my hubby got home I had dinner ready for him (the only thing I cook that he loves) and cookies that me and Ryan frosted. I think that cheered him up a bit. It is just crazy how some parents treat their children. I could never imagine treating my son in the way that my husbands parents have treated him.