Thursday, December 10, 2009

Proud Mama! TKD!



I am so proud of my big Blake tonight. Ever since Blake was born he has been the kind of kid that does his own thing and goes his own way. He would never be one to jump off a bridge just because his friends were. He marches to the beat of his own drum. I have often told myself that this independence is a precursor to a future leader, at least I hope so. Every activity he has ever been in has involved me staying right on top of him to make sure he is doing what all the other kids are doing. We tried soccer, never again. T-Ball has been ok...Tae Kwon Do...UNBELIEVABLE! He is actually allowed to do all the things everyone else is always telling him not to do. In TKD he gets to run, jump, yell, kick, punch, and so much more. He is completely at attention the entire class and I don't have to give him the evil eye even once! It's completely unreal to me. He is a shining star! He has only been to 4 classes and hasn't even earned a white belt yet but was recognized my the teacher tonight for working so hard! He got a strip of black tape, and it might as well have been a trophy as far as Blake was concerned. I am so proud.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww, I'm so happy for Blake. It is great when you find your kid's thing. Embrace it and run with it!

Mad {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

Good for him! Cute blog =)
Following from MBC!

You can check out my blog at www.lifehappensduringnaptime.com

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

That's awesome! I have thought a number of times that some form of martial arts would be a great idea for Cooper, and your post solidifies that. Way to go, Blake!