Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Nonchalant Mommy

Raising 2 boys is anything but calm or predictable. They are just over 2 years apart and they love each other. They also love to torment each other and both of them love to have that last word or jab at his brothers expense. In my home there is a lot of running, jumping, falling, crashing, and screetching (man they are good at that). The volume level inside my home on any given day is so loud that if I were paid for being a mom, OSHA would probably have to step in. At least when I go to work it's quiet..well most of the time.

Given all that jumping, falling, etc...usually when my boys take a tumble I don't even budge. Typically, they don't even seem to realize they have been in danger. Once, after a fairly large fall off of one of those big green cable boxes...Blake jumps up and yells, "I'm O.K!" So when one of my boys takes a fall it's usually the other moms and dads that gasp. I just say, "He's O.K." and go on with it...

We had a blizzard this weekend. It snowed for 24 hours. We got about 18+ inches of snow. When I was growing up we didn't go out in the snow until it stopped falling. The boys however couldn't shut up about it so we bundled them up and sent them out into the backyard. When I heard Cade start to cry and scream I admit I just assumed Blake had hit him with a snowball or something. It was absolutely freezing outside so I just stood at the door and coaxed my 2 (almost 3 year old) back towards the kitchen door. I took the most pathetic video of him...yes, I know mother of the year. It wasn't until he tumbled in the door that I realized the reason for his woes...he had lost one of his boots! His little socked foot was bare of it's boot and it was sooooo cold! Ooops...

Rest assured I spent a LOT of snuggle time after that with my little guy. We found the boot and dried it out with a hair dryer since he wanted to go back outside! So for your viewing enjoyment...2 videos. The 2nd is actually accidental and is audio only but still funny (sorry, couldn't get it to post). You can hear my husband over reacting...I think he says "frostbite!!!" I don't think you can get frostbite in 2 minutes but don't quote me on that.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't blink twice when the kids fall. We were in a store recently, Bean fell and one of the salesmen gasped. I just looked over at him and shrugged.