Saturday, December 26, 2009

New Years Resolutions

2009 in particular has been one of the worst years I can remember. Don't get me wrong I am still lucky by leaps in bounds as far as the health and love of my family. It's just been a long year for lots of personal reasons for me as woman. It's been an emotionally challenging time, a time of confusion, a time of regrets and what if's and questions...Who am I? What did I want to be? Where am I? I don't have a lot of answers and I don't know if I'll ever find what it is I'm looking for.

I guess I have to find my new self...

I have some resolutions...

1. Take Back My Health. Which for me means to exercise more for my body, practice Yoga daily for my mind and my spirit. Drink less and eat healthier food.

2. Organize My Life...my mind, my heart, my house. Clean out the clutter, fix what's broken, file away those things I want to keep, even if I stuff them deep in the drawers of my mind or in the back of a closet.

3. Accept Things I Cannot Change...I have to realize that there are some things I cannot change. I have to accept that my mother and sister, for example, have made it pretty clear that they do not want to be a part of my life. I'll just never understand why it's so difficult to pick up the phone or send an e-mail. I can't keep putting myself out there for people that don't seem to make time for me. I guess I should add "Take a Hint" to my list.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I will put you on my prayer list in regards to your mother and sister. It's awful that you are going through something like this with your family.

With the Organize Part I would suggest that you just take a little at a time with the house stuff. Start with one room and do that and then start with another. I often find that if I try to do too much I get overwhelmed and just walk away from it all : )

Taking back my health is on my list too. It's hard to find the time with little ones! I don't know if you have a Nintendo Wii but if you do they have some great and fun work out programs for it! Like the Active and they even have a yoga workout. I too love yoga!

Good luck with everything!

Fishsticks and Fireflies said...

I think those are admirable, and yet managable resolutions. I recommend FlyLady.com for the organizing bit, and know that the rest will come with time and patience - good luck!

Danifred said...

Ahhhh... accept what I cannot change. One of those things in my life I wish I could conquer, yet never manage to figure out!