Monday, December 28, 2009

I don't get it! Things that annoy this mom!

1. Why is it every time I walk into one of the 3 bathrooms in my house the toilet needs flushing? Why? Isn't that the easiest and most conditioned response known to both animals and humans...you know flush it, hide it, cover it up, get rid of it, whatever...I guess I'm lucky since I don't have the typical problem about men not putting the seat down, no thank goodness I can count on one hand the number of times I have sat down on what I believe to be (in a house of men) is the dirtiest part of the commode. Uggg, and it's usually always in the dark, and it's usually always freakin' cold!

2. Why is there STUFF everywhere I turn? Toys, trains, sippy cups, pacifiers, socks, jackets, shoes, food (usually cheerios), mail, my husbands running gear, backpacks, just stuff and more stuff every time I turn around??? The winner today was a completely melted popsicle, stick and all, in a puddle on the family room wood floor...Gross! Keeping up with all this stuff has me feeling like a Zhu Zhu pet on a wheel, yep, we've got those around here somewhere too! That reminds me? How may I ask in the HELL did these things become the hottest selling toy of the holiday season? I don't get it.

3. Laundry. It NEVER ends, not even close. It's constant and unforgiving of even the shortest hiatus. My husband doesn't understand how I have such difficulty keeping his tighty whities stocked. I've tried to explain to him you can only do laundry at the same pace in which you plan to fold and put away. He'll crank out six loads like that and they will all be sitting around in baskets getting wrinkled in no time flat..or should I say wrinkled. Moms know you can't fold and put away wrinkled clothes...or can you? Hmmm.... He's always threatening to do his own laundry...WELL THEN DO IT I SAY! I promise you won't hurt my feelings;)

8 comments:

Richele said...

Wait...I think you can relax because you must have been at my house instead of your own. Yep. that sounds just like my house. What a relief huh? :)

Danifred said...

Oh how I can relate to #2. In our house it's the constant pile up of stuff on our kitchen counter and toys all over the floor!

renee said...

i can TOTALLY relate!!

Stockpiling Mom said...

Following you from MBC! Stop by my site when you get a chance! Love your site!

http://www.stockpilingmom.com

Melissa

Shell said...

I totally hear ya on that!

Stopping by from SITS!

Anti-Supermom said...

Ha-ha, I thought I was the only one with toilet issues. Seriously, that thing is never flushed. Sometimes, we come back from a weekend and there it is gross, stinky and yes, unflushed.

And laundry too, of course ;)

Kristiina said...

It's funny you should write this today...I was just telling someone that I feel like my house is clean (I vacuum, dust, etc) but ALWAYS messy!!! How can three, soon to be four, people create so much clutter. It seems to be never ending. And if I try to become more "organized", it just stays the same. If you find a method that works, please let me know...and a cure for the never ending laundry:)

thepranamama said...

I can totally relate to the laundry - my husband will do the same thing, keep washing washing washing and then leave in a huge heap for me to fold, sort and put away. Not helpful!!