Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year Rant


My night took a strange twist. It's still a happy new year but I feel like I lost something that was really important tonight. I think I lost a friend because I was defending another friend. If any of you read http://lettersfromcrazyville.blogspot.com/2009/12/mommy-olympics.html then maybe you will know what I mean. I am a loyal and understanding person. I believe that everyone does the best with what they have and only a mother can understand her own situation and only a mother can understand their own child. No one is perfect, no mother, no child...all children are innocent and are the result of the situation that their parents put them in. I have no tolerance for people who inherently believe a child is bad or mischievous...no one is perfect and if you think you are perfect or your children are better than other children then I have no time for you. I have a big heart and I feel for ALL moms, working or SAHM, girls, boys...you name it. Just because God has graced you with children that listen more than others or children that fit your mold of perfect does not mean that you are a perfect parent or that your children are any better than mine or my neighbors or any of the 100's of children I come into contact with each year. All moms should think before they pass judgement on other moms, aren't we supposed to be on the same team? Mom's should support each other not talk behind each others backs about what they aren't or should be doing better. All the moms I know are doing the best they can with what they have and shame on anyone that thinks the mom down the road doesn't have the best intentions for her children as you do for yours. Every child deserves the benefit of the doubt, ALL children are innocent, children are children and that is all that needs to be said.

1 comment:

Shell said...

Amen!

I'd have to question someone who does not understand that view.