Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bah Humbug

I wish I could just skip this Christmas. I have had a sour taste in my mouth about it ever since I noticed the wreaths on the light poles at the local shopping center....I'm sorry but I think it's RIDICULOUS that I have to see Christmas trees while I'm looking for Halloween Costumes. I hate that the commercials for toys and clothes and jewelry and phones, etc, etc, etc just goes on and on and on. Two weeks ago the first Christmas lights went up in my neighborhood and it makes my stomach turn. It just seems like more trouble then it's worth. Except, I have children! So of course I want it to be fun for them and I wouldn't miss the Santa at the mall photo with at least one screaming toddler to save my life, but otherwise I'm hating it. I hate that the gifts get more and more expensive, I hate that toy manufacturers make parents go crazy trying to get hard to find hot toys that they "unfortuaneatly" in short supply. I hate that you have to get up at 5:00am and wait outside in a freezing cold long ass line for the Santa Train tickets...damnit...when do those go on sale this year??? I hate that some people think an I-Pod Touch would be an appropriate gift for a 6 year old and I hate that my husband always hates the gifts I give him and returns them. I have only returned one gift in my whole life. It was an unfortunate K-Mart sweatshirt given to me my aunt, it was hidieous so I had no choice being that I was a snotty tween. Be that as it may I don't really feel like people in general should return gifts. Isn't the fact that someone gave you something you wouldn't have had otherwise kind of the point of gift giving??? I don't think we should be trading up our gifts for something better, it just seems so wrong to me. If you don't like the item then donate it to someone who didn't get anything for Christmas, one gift doesn't entitle you to a better one or one that goes better with your hair color. I don't care if I get anything this year, except well, there was this watch I've had my eye on...

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...

No comments: