Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mediocre


Talking with another mom friend of mine today and this is the word that we used...Mediocre. As working moms, and wives we feel mediocre. Mediocre Mom, Mediocre Wife, Mediocre Employee, Mediocre Friend, Mediocre Woman. I keep so many things going and I'm trying to put everyone first and I usually end up last and still I have pleased no one.

Growing up there was one reoccurring theme or observation made of me by my teachers. It was, "She has so much potential if she would only apply herself." Did I not apply myself, did I not live up to my potential, am I mediocre? How as a 30 something woman am I supposed to rebuild lost self confidence? I thought by the time I was this age I would know everything and in actuality, I feel like I know even less.

I think I am doing a good job as a mom, I certainly hope so. I hope my boys know how much I love them. I hope they know that in my eyes they are my greatest accomplishments...

No comments: